The Student Room Group

(I)GCSE english Langauge originality

Hey i was wondering does it matter if my ideas aren’t original in the igcse english language exam? We have to study many texts and i watch videos to help my analaysis , will i be unable to get a 9 if i use their ideas and not make my own?
Original post by unknown20001
Hey i was wondering does it matter if my ideas aren’t original in the igcse english language exam? We have to study many texts and i watch videos to help my analaysis , will i be unable to get a 9 if i use their ideas and not make my own?

Hi! I don't think they necessarily have to be completely original as long as you are able to personalize your responses - some examiners may be able to tell what ideas have been taken completely fromsince a lot of them work within the education sector. However, I'm assuming that the IGCSE works roughly the same to GCSEs here so I may be wrong :0
Reply 2
Original post by staristrying
Hi! I don't think they necessarily have to be completely original as long as you are able to personalize your responses - some examiners may be able to tell what ideas have been taken completely fromsince a lot of them work within the education sector. However, I'm assuming that the IGCSE works roughly the same to GCSEs here so I may be wrong :0

Okay thank you!
Original post by unknown20001
Okay thank you!

No problem! (:

Quick Reply

Latest