The Student Room Group

Physician Associate interview 2024

Hi guys I received an interview for PA, would someone be able to help me with some of the questions they will ask please? 🙂
Reply 1
Original post by AleenaJSM
Hi guys I received an interview for PA, would someone be able to help me with some of the questions they will ask please? 🙂

Hi what univeristy did you get an offer from?
Reply 2
It could be along the lines of .......

Why a Physician associate and not a doctor/nurse?
Why this university?
What would you do if a patient was ......... violent/scared/crying/shouting/running around naked?
How would you deal with a friend/neighbor/member of the public who needed help after an illness/operation?
If needed to work more would you prioritise work or family?

There are a few medical school question banks online that may be helpful and also a UK Physician associate applicants facebook group where a lot of members are happy to give advise & sometimes mock interviews.

They are looking for honesty & empathy - not medical knowledge.

You should be told what qualities they are looking for in your interview.

What university are you interviewing for? Is it MMI or Pannel? All the interviewers I have had have been friendly and will put you at ease - however, I know how nervous I was before mine so I sympathise.

Good luck & let us know how you get on!
Reply 3
Original post by Jotenno
It could be along the lines of .......

Why a Physician associate and not a doctor/nurse?
Why this university?
What would you do if a patient was ......... violent/scared/crying/shouting/running around naked?
How would you deal with a friend/neighbor/member of the public who needed help after an illness/operation?
If needed to work more would you prioritise work or family?

There are a few medical school question banks online that may be helpful and also a UK Physician associate applicants facebook group where a lot of members are happy to give advise & sometimes mock interviews.

They are looking for honesty & empathy - not medical knowledge.

You should be told what qualities they are looking for in your interview.

What university are you interviewing for? Is it MMI or Pannel? All the interviewers I have had have been friendly and will put you at ease - however, I know how nervous I was before mine so I sympathise.

Good luck & let us know how you get on!

Hey where did you apply and what offers did you get if you don’t mind me asking
Reply 4
Original post by he110!0000
Hey where did you apply and what offers did you get if you don’t mind me asking

Only Applied to Plymouth as unable to relocate - this is the 3rd year I applied - the first 2 years I did not get an offer though.
Reply 5
Original post by Jotenno
Only Applied to Plymouth as unable to relocate - this is the 3rd year I applied - the first 2 years I did not get an offer though.

Ohh congrats tho for getting an offer now, did u apply to any PA ones
Reply 6
Ohh congrats tho for getting an offer now, did u apply to any PA ones

Offer was for PA - That was all I applied for. With Plymouth you apply direct not UCAS which is easier I think.
Reply 7
Original post by Jotenno
Offer was for PA - That was all I applied for. With Plymouth you apply direct not UCAS which is easier I think.

Sorry I assumed we were talking about undergraduate as that’s what I’ve applied for, how are you finding the course so far
Reply 8
Sorry I assumed we were talking about undergraduate as that’s what I’ve applied for, how are you finding the course so far

I have only been there 2 weeks so far (started 2nd of January) so just finished the induction- So far it is great! Everyone is friendly, a good mix of people I am really enjoying it!

Saying that, even these first 2 weeks have been pretty intense and I expect it will get more so as time goes on.

Quick Reply

Latest