The Student Room Group

visiting unis

do I have to visit all 5 Unis that i m gonna to apply?
Reply 1
no but its useful in deciding where to apply
Original post by Capibara
do I have to visit all 5 Unis that i m gonna to apply?

Hi @Capibara

There is definitely no obligation to visit any university that you apply for. I had never actually been to BCU before the first day of my course.

However, it is a good idea to arrange a visit if it is possible. It gives you the chance to have a look around the campus and explore the city. It is a big commitment especially if you are moving away from home. You will be spending at least 3 years at this place so you want to make sure it is right for you. If I were in your shoes I'd think about turning it into a fun day out!

I understand it is not always possible for prospective students to visit every university, especially if they are far away. Another option is looking for virtual talks/tours, they can usually be found on the university website and are a very popular option for most people.

Hope this answers your question!
All the best
Anastasia
BCU Student Rep
Reply 3
Original post by BCU Student Rep
Hi @Capibara

There is definitely no obligation to visit any university that you apply for. I had never actually been to BCU before the first day of my course.

However, it is a good idea to arrange a visit if it is possible. It gives you the chance to have a look around the campus and explore the city. It is a big commitment especially if you are moving away from home. You will be spending at least 3 years at this place so you want to make sure it is right for you. If I were in your shoes I'd think about turning it into a fun day out!

I understand it is not always possible for prospective students to visit every university, especially if they are far away. Another option is looking for virtual talks/tours, they can usually be found on the university website and are a very popular option for most people.

Hope this answers your question!
All the best
Anastasia
BCU Student Rep

Thanks a lot

Quick Reply

Latest