The Student Room Group

Dont know what to provide as evidence

Hiya, I applied for student finance yesterday and they are now asking me for "proof of unearned income". All I have is a couple of savings accounts!

They're saying "You can give one or more documents from the following list. Self Assessment Tax Return Self Assessment tax calculations Tax calculations Confirmation from accountant of income from all sources Copy of rent book Copies of dividend statements Shares" but I don't have any of these! It's just a couple of small savings accounts. <£100 total interest for the year. What do I do??
(edited 1 month ago)
Original post by karotra
Hiya, I applied for student finance yesterday and they are now asking me for "proof of unearned income". All I have is a couple of savings accounts!
They're saying "You can give one or more documents from the following list. Self Assessment Tax Return Self Assessment tax calculations Tax calculations Confirmation from accountant of income from all sources Copy of rent book Copies of dividend statements Shares" but I don't have any of these! It's just a couple of small savings accounts. <£100 total interest for the year. What do I do??

Hi there,

This will be due to you ticking yes to unearned income on your application. If you aren't going to be receiving any unearned income (bank or building society gross interest. property, lettings or rent. dividends or investment) Then you can upload a cover letter to your account advising you've made an error and won't be in receipt of any unearned income. We'll then update your application accordingly. Thanks, Jason
Reply 2
Original post by SFE Jason
Hi there,
This will be due to you ticking yes to unearned income on your application. If you aren't going to be receiving any unearned income (bank or building society gross interest. property, lettings or rent. dividends or investment) Then you can upload a cover letter to your account advising you've made an error and won't be in receipt of any unearned income. We'll then update your application accordingly. Thanks, Jason

But I am receiving interest from a bank/building society (the accounts aren't ISAs)
(edited 1 month ago)
Original post by karotra
But I am receiving interest from a bank/building society (the accounts aren't ISAs)

Thanks. If you are in receipt of interest from Bank or Building Society Gross Interest then this needs to be declared. You can upload evidence of what you expect to receive during the academic year. If it's paid yearly you can upload copies of your statement showing this. Thanks, Jason
Reply 4
Original post by SFE Jason
Thanks. If you are in receipt of interest from Bank or Building Society Gross Interest then this needs to be declared. You can upload evidence of what you expect to receive during the academic year. If it's paid yearly you can upload copies of your statement showing this. Thanks, Jason

My bank will only give me pdf statements for 2023 at the latest - none more recent
Hi there. You can provide this and upload a cover letter stating your bank cannot give you one for 2024 yet. Once you receive your one for 2024, you can upload this online. Thanks, Leah.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending