The Student Room Group

Work experience for 19 year old

Currently a 2nd year student.

Title says it all, are there any opportunities like this at my age? I didn't get to find one (or was not assisted by anyone in anyway) in time during year 10.
Kind of realised why all the dead end part time jobs are rejecting me.
(edited 6 months ago)
Original post by KemyAndrews

Title says it all, are there any opportunities like this at my age? I didn't get to find one (or was not assisted by anyone in anyway) in time during year 10.

Hi @KemyAndrew

What sort of work experience are you interested in? Are you looking for paid or voluntary opportunities, or both?

You mentioned you're a second year student so I assume you attend a university. I can't speak for all universities but I know a lot of them have dedicated departments just for helping students boost their CVs and find opportunities related to their degree subject. I myself have had the opportunity to work with West Midlands Police and Barnardo's during my time at university and that was through our dedicated careers team.

So if you haven't already then definitely book an appointment with them!

Look forward to hearing from you:smile:
Anastasia
BCU Student Rep
(edited 6 months ago)
Original post by KemyAndrews

Have you looked into opportunities at your university? student ambassador, working with the students union, library work is also an option sometimes :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending