The Student Room Group

Official Geology/Earth Science applicants thread 2024

Scroll to see replies

ive got an offer from manchester(earth &planetary sci), durham (geoscience) and royal holloway(earth science), just waiting for ucl but ik they take a long time
Reply 21
Original post by emiemiemi13
ive got an offer from manchester(earth &planetary sci), durham (geoscience) and royal holloway(earth science), just waiting for ucl but ik they take a long time

Congrats ! What's ur fav?
Hi, i know it's been a while since you posted this but I have applied to earth science for UCL, environmental geoscience for Cardiff, Earth and environmental science for Lancaster and then environmental sciebce fir southampton and Birmingham.
I have received offers from all except UCL for around AAB-BBB.
I was wondering how far people are with their applications and whether anyone has heard from UCL or chosen their firm or insurance uni.
Reply 23
Original post by ellawheeler
Hi, i know it's been a while since you posted this but I have applied to earth science for UCL, environmental geoscience for Cardiff, Earth and environmental science for Lancaster and then environmental sciebce fir southampton and Birmingham.
I was wondering how far people are with their applications and whether anyone has heard from UCL or chosen their firm or insurance uni.

Hi , that's so cool 😎 I've firmed durham
around 2 weeks ago i got my last offer, ive had keele, cardiff, glasgow, liverpool and birmingham all within BBC-ABB range 🙂 since geology is not too competitive as its rlly niche, i wonder if there will be clearing spaces, or if they will accept results one grade below? im predicted ABB and i dont know if i can get that A grade lol
Original post by bazzabeebenson
around 2 weeks ago i got my last offer, ive had keele, cardiff, glasgow, liverpool and birmingham all within BBC-ABB range 🙂 since geology is not too competitive as its rlly niche, i wonder if there will be clearing spaces, or if they will accept results one grade below? im predicted ABB and i dont know if i can get that A grade lol

I'm sure there will definitely be clearing spaces seeing as its a less popular course. I had a look last year for some of the environmental and earth sciences courses clearning last year just to see and there were clearning spaces for all versions of the course I think. What subjects do you do?
I'm sure there will definitely be clearing spaces seeing as its a less popular course. I had a look last year for some of the environmental and earth sciences courses clearning last year just to see and there were clearning spaces for all versions of the course I think. What subjects do you do?

Geology, geography and english language
Reply 27
hi, ive got offers from bristol, cardiff, durham and exeter. ive just firmed durham on ucas
Reply 28
Original post by roelroek
hi, ive got offers from bristol, cardiff, durham and exeter. ive just firmed durham on ucas

same! for geology? which colleges?
Original post by RubyG1623

I was just wondering for people who have applied to Cardiff if anyone has gone to an open day? Also is environmental geosciences in the same faculty as geology because if it is I was wondering if the labs and equipment in Cardiff are good as I haven't had an opportunity to go look at the university.
I emailed the university asking if there would be an offee holder day but they said that if there was one it would be sent by invite only at the end of January. Has anyone heard anything about this because I am considering Cardiff for my insurance but haven't been yet so am not sure what to do.
Reply 30

yeah, for geology, wbu? im currently checking out south and john snow but ill probably make a decision after the offer-holder day
I was just wondering for people who have applied to Cardiff if anyone has gone to an open day? Also is environmental geosciences in the same faculty as geology because if it is I was wondering if the labs and equipment in Cardiff are good as I haven't had an opportunity to go look at the university.
I emailed the university asking if there would be an offee holder day but they said that if there was one it would be sent by invite only at the end of January. Has anyone heard anything about this because I am considering Cardiff for my insurance but haven't been yet so am not sure what to do.

I've had my offer from Cardiff but no invitation to an open day yet, but idk if i'll be going anyway

I've had my offer from Cardiff but no invitation to an open day yet, but idk if i'll be going anyway

Have you chosen a firm yet?
Reply 33
Original post by roelroek
yeah, for geology, wbu? im currently checking out south and john snow but ill probably make a decision after the offer-holder day

Yeah for geology, cool they both look nice Collingwood looks good

Not yet but i think it will be birmingham

Not yet but i think it will be birmingham

No I haven't I'm still waiting for UCL before I make my decision.

Hello!
It's very exciting to see you applied for Lancaster! I am a second year Earth and Environmental science student so feel free to ask any questions about the course or university life at Lancaster! I love my course, especially the field trips! My favourite thing about Lancaster is the campus as it feels very safe and has everything you need!

Feel free to ask if you have any questions,
Lucy (Lancaster University Student Ambassador)
Yeah for geology, cool they both look nice Collingwood looks good
Hey! I've firmed geology at Durham recently too. My offer was BBB and for my college preferences, I put south and john snow as my main 2. Nice to meet you!
Original post by shau_tea
Hey! I've firmed geology at Durham recently too. My offer was BBB and for my college preferences, I put south and john snow as my main 2. Nice to meet you!
Hey that's so cool nice to meet you too!
Have u heard back from UCL? I’m just waiting on that one

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending