The Student Room Group

MAT Revision

Hello I'm currently revising for the MAT soon and have been averaging about 66 marks but want to push into the 70's and 80's however i struggle with later parts of long answer questions.I've been incredibly stupid to leave it this late but if there's any advice or mock plan someone can give me for what to do to max my score it would be appreciated.
Reply 1
I want people to bare in mind i have relatively low GCSE's of 9-Maths,8,8,8,8,7,7,7,6,5 and 3 A stars predicted so I need a high score to even out for my PSI score(the metric they use for shortlisting).
(edited 6 months ago)
Reply 2
sorry i cant give any tips as im in the same position but could you elaborate on PSI score, never heard of it
Reply 3
Original post by ofcmazza
sorry i cant give any tips as im in the same position but could you elaborate on PSI score, never heard of it

Go to the 'How we use the MAT' section of the file i attached.I found this on another student room thread.As to what exact numerical values are in this PSI system I haven't heard of it but in terms of percentage of points allocated apparently it's roughly (varies year to year) around 75% for MAT and 25 percent UCAS and GCSE's.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending