The Student Room Group

DWP CFCD Fraud Officer Scotland

Has anyone applied for the EO officer role and been successful at interview. If so how long do the pre-employment checks take ?
Reply 1
I wish I was at the stage of querying how long pre-employment checks take. Hopefully someone can help you out.

I have an interview this coming Friday for Glasgow EO Fraud Officer Support role, and don't know what to expect from the interview.
(edited 2 years ago)
It took 3/4 weeks for me. The longest few weeks of my life.

Good luck x
Reply 3
Original post by Tennie1995
It took 3/4 weeks for me. The longest few weeks of my life.

Good luck x

It’s been 2 weeks already and I’m already a civil servant so thought it would be quicker ☺️
Reply 4
Original post by kathleenk6
It’s been 2 weeks already and I’m already a civil servant so thought it would be quicker ☺️

It can often take longer believe it or not as we need to work through with sender and receiver organisations. Transfer agreements etc, then some criminal record checks.
Hi guys im applying for the same role for Aberdeen but not sure what to expect for interview can you give me some tips please and if the strenght questions are aligned with the 3 behaviours assessed? Thanks
Reply 6
Original post by trixytwix27
Hi guys im applying for the same role for Aberdeen but not sure what to expect for interview can you give me some tips please and if the strenght questions are aligned with the 3 behaviours assessed? Thanks

Hi, first of all, good luck. I’m loving it. Yes, the strengths are linked to the behaviours. It was a while ago but it was 4 behaviours and then 4 strengths. Keep enthusiastic, adaptable to different types of customers. It was my best interview ever where it flowed like a conversation. Best scores too as a result. Try and relax and be honest. You’ll be fine 😊 good luck again 😊
Hi, first of all, good luck. I’m loving it. Yes, the strengths are linked to the behaviours. It was a while ago but it was 4 behaviours and then 4 strengths. Keep enthusiastic, adaptable to different types of customers. It was my best interview ever where it flowed like a conversation. Best scores too as a result. Try and relax and be honest. You’ll be fine 😊 good luck again 😊

Hi there,
I’m wondering if you could give me an insight on the fraud officer role, been offered a position( not what I applied for originally but similar) and it seems quite intense especially conducting interviews that’s putting me off. I might be worrying for nothing but any help/insights would be appreciated
Original post by Garfield786
Hi there,
I’m wondering if you could give me an insight on the fraud officer role, been offered a position( not what I applied for originally but similar) and it seems quite intense especially conducting interviews that’s putting me off. I might be worrying for nothing but any help/insights would be appreciated

Sorry to revive this thread.

Did you go for the role in the end and if so, how has it been?
I applied for an EO role and was put on the waiting list, this week I have been given a conditional offer so in the process of completing that.
The job is based around 2.5/3 hours away but was told on here that these roles can be remote 3 days, office 2 days.

Just wondering what peoples experience have been in this role
Reply 9
Hi,

Fraud Officer is an umbrella term for a big recruitment campaign. I ended in a Disrupt roll -basically ‘disrupting’ fraudulent claims, recovering payments and stopping these claims. I did that for a year and moved to Criminal Intelligence which is still in CFCD and I’m loving this too. Go for it. 2 days at home and three in office. You’ll be busy that’s for sure. It’s the best move I’ve made.
Hope that helps :smile:

Original post by JDSensations
Sorry to revive this thread.

Did you go for the role in the end and if so, how has it been?
I applied for an EO role and was put on the waiting list, this week I have been given a conditional offer so in the process of completing that.
The job is based around 2.5/3 hours away but was told on here that these roles can be remote 3 days, office 2 days.

Just wondering what peoples experience have been in this role
Hi,

Fraud Officer is an umbrella term for a big recruitment campaign. I ended in a Disrupt roll -basically ‘disrupting’ fraudulent claims, recovering payments and stopping these claims. I did that for a year and moved to Criminal Intelligence which is still in CFCD and I’m loving this too. Go for it. 2 days at home and three in office. You’ll be busy that’s for sure. It’s the best move I’ve made.

Thank you for the reply, glad it's all going well for you so far.
I have said yes to the offer and completed the next stage with my personal information work history, counter signatory etc so waiting on hearing about the next step which I imagine will be a background check if all ok so far. I can't imagine there is anything that would come back negative so fingers crossed.

If they then offer me the job I will see what arrangement they can do. 2 days in the office is just about manageable but 3 or more I probably couldn't accept it. Plus the training side of things if that is based at a specific location too far away it might put a spanner in the works.

thanks again for the reply.
Hi,

So I have since found out my role is a team leader in Debt. 40/60 % arrangement and training is available online WFH also.
I have accepted the offer so counting down to my start date. Still don't know the full extend of the role but I won't until I am in doing it I guess. But looking forward to it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending