The Student Room Group

My supervisor doesnt like me...

I feel my project supervisor does not want me to do well, I have retake but I feel like she won't pass me again. any advice on what to do?
Original post by ikrashafwi
I feel my project supervisor does not want me to do well, I have retake but I feel like she won't pass me again. any advice on what to do?

Produce work that's so good it can't be failed? Just take on board the previous feedback, read the assessment requirements and produce the work to that standard. You won't get anywhere in life blaming other people and not everyone in life will like you.
Original post by ikrashafwi

Hey,

I understand this is probably a stressful situation for you. Have there been any indicators of this? I know some academics can sometimes come across as quite 'firm' but they are often genuinely rooting for you and just have high expectations. Maybe it's worth discussing with your supervisor what they expect from you as you retake to ensure you are working to the standard they want from you. If your work is really good, they wouldn't be able to fail you as said above (most work at postgrad often has a second marker anyway).

However, if there have been indicators they don't want you to do well or you simply aren't thriving under your current supervisor relationship, it would be worth contacting your PG team for your division. They may be able to help you find another supervisor with similar research interests who you could work with during your retake. Or if not, they may help improve your current relationship by speaking with your supervisor.

Best of luck with everything!!

Natalie
University of Kent Student Rep (2nd year PhD Psychology)
(edited 6 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending