The Student Room Group

Mandatory Course Interviews

If I'm applying to 5 universities for a course (social work) with a mandatory interview, do I have to attend all the interviews?
I'm just worried I'm going to have to go to all them which is a lot.

Also, around what time after applying do you get an interview, would it be after the deadline or is it different times, like how you get offers at different times.
You'll need to go to any that you want to get an offer from (so if there's any in that list you don't want an offer from you might want to substitute your choices now!)

Some universities will have more information on the course/departmental website about interview dates, others you can ask them when they schedule interviews before submitting your application.

Make sure that your referee knows to put in USEFUL details about your availability for interviews (lots just put "january exam period" when the application gets submitted at the end of january....when actually what would be more useful for scheduling interviews would be "Tues-Thurs preferred with at least 3 weeks notice"
Reply 2
Btw, most Uni now do Interviews via Zoom, Teams etc - which is far less scary than having to do it all in person at the Uni.
Reply 3
Original post by biggaymer420
If I'm applying to 5 universities for a course (social work) with a mandatory interview, do I have to attend all the interviews?
I'm just worried I'm going to have to go to all them which is a lot.

Also, around what time after applying do you get an interview, would it be after the deadline or is it different times, like how you get offers at different times.

I sent off my UCAS application 20th October, and I have already been offered an interview by a fee of my chosen universities for next month! So it all depends on the university, but from the looks of it, if you are chosen it will only be a month or so after your application.

Quick Reply

Latest