The Student Room Group

Student Finance England - Wrong Course

Hello,
I've just received my entitlement summary for my post-graduate course, and in doing so have realised that my student finance scheme is for a duration of two years. This is a problem as my course is actually one year, and as such my entitlement summary for the first year is less than my actual course cost because the whole sum is spread across a two year period, which will prevent my attendance.

I have checked, and tried to rectify this on the SFE website by changing my course, but there is no alternative that I can see. The course I have been accepted into is International Relations (January Intake) at Teeside University, a course that only takes one year, and yet, the only January Intake at Teeside from the options that the website gives me is for a two year duration. There is one option for a one year long International Relations course at Teeside, but the beginning of this one is in the September that has just passed, so this also feels like the wrong option.

Some guidance would be massively appreciated.
Hi NateStiff,

Firstly, the Postgraduate Loan is a contribution towards your costs and is not a guarantee that we will be able to cover all of your expenses for your course and living costs. You mentioned that you have tried to change the course on your application to a 1 year version but have been unable to do so. I have had a look into this and it is because your university have not included your course on the database. I would advise speaking to your university to they can add your specific course to the system. After this, you will be able to change your course details on the application using a change of circumstances. This will be 5 working days to review once received.

Thanks,
Calum

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending