The Student Room Group

y13 and really behind

i'm really really behind in my a levels. i got As in my end of years by some miracle so i'm predicted A*s, but last year i got Bs throughout the year (not bad but not what i want) and this year i'm doing worse.

there is a hugely overwhelming amount to catch up on. for example, i estimate it will take me 55 hours to catch up on the maths homework fromy year 13.

i know it's my fault i'm behind, but now i want to redeem myself but i don't know how since there is SO much to catch up on
Reply 1
It's salvageable. Year 13 is a tough year, but if you really want to do it you will. Dig deep. If you look at everything as one huge mountain to climb you will never get it done. Take a small step each day. A man on crutches with slow continuous walking between 2 lampposts will beat a young fit man running if the young fit man keeps stopping every couple of steps to look at their phone or admire the view.

Look at what you should be studying right now in a table study plan. Quantify it for which subject what day and how many hours study you are willing to put in just to maintain where you are at right now.Use the study help in TSR - If it takes 55 hours to catch up then do an extra hour every day on Maths. That is 8 weeks to catch up and just in time to start revision. Get up an hour early and do an hour of maths. Do the same with your other subjects but use time, and make time at the other end of the day. Make sure you give yourself rest and physical exercise but don't waste your time by doing displacement activities because its easier than getting a grip of the work you should be doing.

I would go and chat to your tutors and show them your plan. The work is harder this year for sure so don't be cowed by that. If you are determined you are going to succeed and do well - guess what - you will. But only if you give it your all.

Quick Reply

Latest