The Student Room Group

Fine Art at the Ruskin Oxford 2024

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by heyysmile
just heard back and i didn’t get in :frown:(

so sorry to hear that ☹️ I haven't received the email yet >_<

remember being interviewed means that you're already in the top 50 among all the applicants, and just by that you are brilliant as hell. It's definitely not the end of the world, in fact, it may lead you to an even better option! Three YouTubers (Ruby Granger, Jack Edwards & UnJaded Jade) that I subscribed to and loved were all rejected by Oxford at the undergraduate stage of their study, and I watched the videos they made about it (as a buffering scheme). My takeaway from those vids is that the application result does not define who you are, and since Oxford's looking for students who are best fitted to their way of teaching, it might suggest that the curriculum would not make the best out of you anyway.

i'm sure you'll get in other amazing programs, bright future lies ahead!!

xxxxxxxxxxxx
Reply 41
Original post by Bella Wan

so sorry to hear that ☹️ I haven't received the email yet >_<

remember being interviewed means that you're already in the top 50 among all the applicants, and just by that you are brilliant as hell. It's definitely not the end of the world, in fact, it may lead you to an even better option! Three YouTubers (Ruby Granger, Jack Edwards & UnJaded Jade) that I subscribed to and loved were all rejected by Oxford at the undergraduate stage of their study, and I watched the videos they made about it (as a buffering scheme). My takeaway from those vids is that the application result does not define who you are, and since Oxford's looking for students who are best fitted to their way of teaching, it might suggest that the curriculum would not make the best out of you anyway.

i'm sure you'll get in other amazing programs, bright future lies ahead!!

xxxxxxxxxxxx

thank you so much! there’s 3 of us at my school who applied and none of us got in either.

i can’t lie i was so upset when i heard but i’m sort of glad that the waiting is over. i think i’ll apply to slade and ual but i definitely need to try and think about my other options

sending you the best of luck!! let me know if you do get in, i’ll keep everything crossed ❤️❤️
Reply 42
thank you so much! there’s 3 of us at my school who applied and none of us got in either.

i can’t lie i was so upset when i heard but i’m sort of glad that the waiting is over. i think i’ll apply to slade and ual but i definitely need to try and think about my other options

sending you the best of luck!! let me know if you do get in, i’ll keep everything crossed ❤️❤️

i got in!! ahhh
Reply 43
thank you so so much for creating this thread!!

slade? slayyyy!!
Reply 44

i got in!! ahhh

congrats!!!! i’m so happy for you ❤️❤️❤️

i didn’t get in either ☹️ want to exchange socials? we can support each other a little maybe as im pretty upset too icl :frown:
i got in!! ahhh

well done omg!!
Reply 47
Original post by hellooo1324

i didn’t get in either ☹️ want to exchange socials? we can support each other a little maybe as im pretty upset too icl :frown:

just pmed you! so sorry you didn’t get in either, sending lots of love 💕💕
Reply 48
Original post by hellooo1324
well done omg!!

tysm!
Reply 49
i got in!! ahhh

tysm! wanna exchange ig or anything?
Reply 50

sure, i will pm you it :smile:
Reply 51

ah sorry it’s not letting me send you one. can you try pming me? x
Reply 52

ah sorry it’s not letting me send you one. can you try pming me? x
did you get it? x
Reply 53
i got in!! ahhh

Congratulations!! What college did you get an offer from? I got an offer from Christ church. I was wondering if you wanted to exchange ig or something since we might be doing the course together? (Also we have the same name haha) 💗
Reply 54
Original post by Beelie
Congratulations!! What college did you get an offer from? I got an offer from Christ church. I was wondering if you wanted to exchange ig or something since we might be doing the course together? (Also we have the same name haha) 💗

Congrats!! Nice to meet you Bella

Sure!! Let me pm you :smile:

My offer’s from St Catz btw
(edited 3 months ago)
Reply 55
I’ve been trying to find others who’ve applied for fine art at the Ruskin, so I thought i’d make my own thread. What colleges has everyone applied to and how are you feeling about the application? I’m desperate to find anyone!!

Hello! I submitted my application on the last day of the application date. I just received an email for an interview today on 29 Jan. I applied to MFA Ruskin & Christ Church. Do anyone know what sorts of questions will they ask?
Reply 56
Original post by kuerhorst

Hello! I submitted my application on the last day of the application date. I just received an email for an interview today on 29 Jan. I applied to MFA Ruskin & Christ Church. Do anyone know what sorts of questions will they ask?

I applied for the BA and Christ church so my interview experience will be slightly different to yours.

In my Christ church interview they had my portfolio and asked me to choose some pieces to talk about. They then asked me relevant questions to what I talked about. It was a very nice conversation actually, very friendly and fairly informal. It felt like they just wanted to know that I would be a valuable asset to the college and I was an intelligent student and nice person.

The Ruskin interview was much more stressful but a similar format. They asked me to choose something to talk about and then chose something themselves. The questions they asked were definitely more cryptic but if you just stay calm they’re not too complicated if you think about it.

Hope your interviews went/go well! Maybe I’ll see you next year!
Reply 57
Original post by M.ba
Hey guys actual current Ruskin goer here 🤯🤯 good luck with ur applications hehe

Hope you're doing well! I'm dead curious about the anatomy class. How was it? Do you think it was what you expected?
hi all! i’m so grateful for this thread bc i’m thinking about applying next year! was wondering if you think doing a foundation year before going would be better so i know more about where i want to go with art in the future?

also congrats to all of you who got in!!!!
Reply 59
Original post by abibarnard
hi all! i’m so grateful for this thread bc i’m thinking about applying next year! was wondering if you think doing a foundation year before going would be better so i know more about where i want to go with art in the future?

also congrats to all of you who got in!!!!

Definitely definitely do a foundation year! If anything it’s a free year of learning about your art which is reason enough if you ask me. I didn’t want to do a foundation at first but I’m so glad I did because I’ve learnt so much about myself and my art has developed and changed drastically. I know that Oxford does recommend you do a foundation because it gives you the opportunity to learn/try things you don’t at A Level so it would help your application purely because you will have so much more experience. Also because you have to apply so early you’ll be submitting a portfolio in November of yr13 and at that time for me I definitely would not have been ready. Ultimately it’s up to you and you could apply this year and see what happens but I really do recommend a foundation year!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending