The Student Room Group
University of York
York

Official University of York Offer Holders Thread for 2024 entry

Scroll to see replies

Just got a contextual offer!! ABB for English 🙂 so happy haha, I applied on Thursday & York is my top choice :smile:
University of York
York
Reply 41
Original post by emm4nuella
Hello everyone, welcome to the official discussion thread for students who have gotten a offer from @University of York for 2024 entry! You can chat with other offer holders, and see if you can find someone who could be in your class next year <3! also, let us know what A Levels you are taking and the subject you want to study!! :smile:

Hi, I got an offer in BA (Hons) Business and Management (with a year in industry) ..
has anyone else applied for same course ?
what are the next steps now?
do i look for accommodation etc ?
Original post by kal16
Hi, I got an offer in BA (Hons) Business and Management (with a year in industry) ..

A student rep from @University of York advised us to maybe start looking at possible colleges over the xmas hols - i dont know when accomodation will open though
Hello everyone, welcome to the official discussion thread for students who have gotten a offer from @University of York for 2024 entry! You can chat with other offer holders, and see if you can find someone who could be in your class next year <3! also, let us know what A Levels you are taking and the subject you want to study!! :smile:

hello,
i got an contextual offer for BSc (Hons) marketing with a year in industry for BBB. i study business, economics and sociology and predicted A*AB
Original post by stargirl28
hello,
i got an contextual offer for BSc (Hons) marketing with a year in industry for BBB. i study business, economics and sociology and predicted A*AB

yayyyyy how are you finding sociology? :smile:
yayyyyy how are you finding sociology? :smile:

Honestly very good it weird as it just one of those subjects that I find easy to remember content but not the theorist names. And since year 12 I have been getting high grades so sociology is good
Does anyone have the dates for the physics offer holder/visit dates?
Reply 47
Original post by Anonymous #3
Does anyone have the dates for the physics offer holder/visit dates?

should be on your You@York account I believe
Original post by TomPhillips12
Hi, Received an offer to study Philosophy, Politics and Economics (BA) offer of AAB. Currently studying for A-Level: Maths, Economics and History. I have booked a post-offer open day for next year, so can't wait to check the place out!

Congratulations, it's a really interesting course. We look forward to seeing you at the open day :smile:
Original post by Jieay20
Is it possible to live on say East campus when your lectures and everything would be on West campus? Or is that totally unfeasible

It's absolutely possible. There's a free bus service on campus and you can walk between East and West (and I say that as someone who doesn't like walking!). Campus East is really nice if you like more countryside views as there's a lot of landscaping around it, even though the weather is grim at the moment I think it still looks attractive.
Original post by kal16

Hello, congratulations on your offer. I'd start looking at accommodation over the holidays and thinking about what you want as you'll be able to apply in the new year. Use the map to look at where the accommodation and your department are and Google maps to see how long it would take you to walk or cycle between them.

From A Level Results Day, accommodation room offers are sent out to all new students who applied for accommodation within our guarantee deadline. You then need to accept your offer and then make a deposit (I think this is £200). So, you can reject your room offer before making the deposit and there won't be a cost!
Hi everyone I recently received on offer! Yay!
But I am slightly concerned that York made a mistake with my offer as they gave me a contextual offer of BBB(My predicted grades as well as an EPQ on the side.) but according to their website I am not eligible to the offer because of the type of school I attend. I was wondering if anyone else has had this or is they know someone that has had this happen to them, and if so what did they do and what happened? should I contact York directly? I am worried that York will fully retract my offer because its one of my top choices. Thank you in advance!!

I am an international student who got accepted for the MSc economics program just before winter break. Pretty glad cause York is a Russel group uni and I do have certain friends currently studying at York as well. Just wanted to know how job prospects are - is York a target for IB or consulting or the Big four? Additionally how's commute if I live on college campus and what about the weather compared to other parts of the UK? I am currently waiting for replies from LSE, Warwick and Nottingham and any help regarding this will definitely help me make a better informed decision.
(edited 3 months ago)
Original post by Anonymous #4
Hi everyone I recently received on offer! Yay!
But I am slightly concerned that York made a mistake with my offer as they gave me a contextual offer of BBB(My predicted grades as well as an EPQ on the side.) but according to their website I am not eligible to the offer because of the type of school I attend. I was wondering if anyone else has had this or is they know someone that has had this happen to them, and if so what did they do and what happened? should I contact York directly? I am worried that York will fully retract my offer because its one of my top choices. Thank you in advance!!

I recommend contacting them directly by email :smile:
Reply 54
Is there an estimated time for when accommodation applications release? And will the university email those with offers to let them know that you can now apply for it.
Reply 55
Original post by Jieay20
Is there an estimated time for when accommodation applications release? And will the university email those with offers to let them know that you can now apply for it.

Yes you'll get an email when it opens. I got mine late January so if it's still the same you should get one pretty soon.
Reply 56
Original post by phh03
Yes you'll get an email when it opens. I got mine late January so if it's still the same you should get one pretty soon.

I got an email at 12 today lol it said the accommodation booking system opens in the spring and I'll get an email to say when it's open. They must be listening 👀
Original post by Jieay20
I got an email at 12 today lol it said the accommodation booking system opens in the spring and I'll get an email to say when it's open. They must be listening 👀

Glad accommodation opens later than now as the offer holder day I am attending is not until April
Reply 58
Original post by Anonymous #3
Glad accommodation opens later than now as the offer holder day I am attending is not until April

My guess is it will be after the offer deadline for ucas, but I'm not sure when that is off the top of my head
Got my offer back yesterday, BDM for Accounting, Business Finance and Management (with a year in Industry)

Immensely happy, considering York is my #1 choice :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest