The Student Room Group
University of York
York

Official University of York Offer Holders Thread for 2024 entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Anonymous #3
Glad accommodation opens later than now as the offer holder day I am attending is not until April

You can change your options after you've applied without losing your place in the queue 🙂
University of York
York
Reply 61
Hiii! Received a conditional offer to study MSci Psychology starting 2024/25, offer is AAA or AAB with an A in EPQ. Currently studying Psychology, english language and history. Really hoping I can meet the offer so I can attend! Any other Psych MSci people starting in Sep? :smile:
Original post by Squeaky221
Hiii! Received a conditional offer to study MSci Psychology starting 2024/25, offer is AAA or AAB with an A in EPQ. Currently studying Psychology, english language and history. Really hoping I can meet the offer so I can attend! Any other Psych MSci people starting in Sep? :smile:

i study aqa psych and have also gotten an offer from york (bsc linguistics :smile:) hows it going? :biggrin:
Reply 63
Original post by emm4nuella
i study aqa psych and have also gotten an offer from york (bsc linguistics :smile:) hows it going? :biggrin:

hey!! well i sat the paper 1 for psychology today actually which was okay (though could've been a bit better), and i've got paper 2 next tuesday so currently doing lots of revision for that! how's it going for you??
hey!! well i sat the paper 1 for psychology today actually which was okay (though could've been a bit better), and i've got paper 2 next tuesday so currently doing lots of revision for that! how's it going for you??

not bad thanks for asking!!
Reply 65
Original post by erinkatee
Hi everyone!
Just got a contextual offer for AAA in Psychology, or AAB with an A in my EPQ!
Currently studying Psychology, Geography and English Language at A-Level :smile:

I also got the same offer for Psychology in October! I'm currently studying Psychology, Biology and History.
Reply 66

I have an offer for MSci Psych, Not completely sure if York is my top Uni yet still though.
Reply 67
Got an offer of ABB for maths and cs a few weeks ago, curious how easy it is to switch to one of the courses potentially after first year? If anyone knows
Reply 68
Original post by tcrain957
Got an offer of ABB for maths and cs a few weeks ago, curious how easy it is to switch to one of the courses potentially after first year? If anyone knows

You typically have 4-5 weeks at the start of the year to make a decision to switch. After that you'd only be able to switch at the start of second year, but your chances of being accepted onto another course are slimmer later on.
Reply 69
Original post by MaysieJ
I have an offer for MSci Psych, Not completely sure if York is my top Uni yet still though.

you've got time to decide i wouldn't worry :smile:
Reply 70
Original post by phh03
You typically have 4-5 weeks at the start of the year to make a decision to switch. After that you'd only be able to switch at the start of second year, but your chances of being accepted onto another course are slimmer later on.

Alright is that switching in general or my case moving from dual honors to one of the single honours as id assume i cover all course content mandatory for both in first year
Reply 71
Alright is that switching in general or my case moving from dual honors to one of the single honours as id assume i cover all course content mandatory for both in first year

That's just switching in general. It's definitely possible to switch to single honours but it's more complicated since staff in both departments have to approve it. In my course joint honours students don't cover all of the modules that us single honours students do, so you may have to resit the year. You can talk to your academic supervisor and staff in both departments about it when you start uni if you're sure you want to switch though 🙂
Reply 72
Original post by phh03
That's just switching in general. It's definitely possible to switch to single honours but it's more complicated since staff in both departments have to approve it. In my course joint honours students don't cover all of the modules that us single honours students do, so you may have to resit the year. You can talk to your academic supervisor and staff in both departments about it when you start uni if you're sure you want to switch though 🙂

Alright thanks really appreciate the help :smile:

Hi, congratulations on your offer 🙂 The answer depends on what you want to switch too, what the curriculum is for that year, how well you did in your first year and probably a few other things too. I'd strongly recommend you contact the department directly, contact details here, as they'll have all the answers. They're really nice to talk to as well.
Original post by TomPhillips12
Hi, Received an offer to study Philosophy, Politics and Economics (BA) offer of AAB. Currently studying for A-Level: Maths, Economics and History. I have booked a post-offer open day for next year, so can't wait to check the place out!

My son has the same offer, where else are you considering ?
i'm going to an offer holder day on 13th april :smile:!!! has anyone else booked an offer holder day yet :biggrin:? anyone for linguistics on 13th april lol?
Reply 76
Hii, I got an offer for Human Geography and environment for ABB!
Reply 77
Original post by Loliara
Hii, I got an offer for Human Geography and environment for ABB!

Congrats :smile:
Original post by Anonymous #5
My son has the same offer, where else are you considering ?

I have received offers from Exeter and Southampton and Loughborough. Also applied to Newcastle for politics and economics, haven't hear back from them yet.
Reply 79
Original post by emm4nuella
i'm going to an offer holder day on 13th april :smile:!!! has anyone else booked an offer holder day yet :biggrin:? anyone for linguistics on 13th april lol?

I have 🙂 But im going in feburary

Quick Reply

Latest