The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Official University of Warwick Offer Holders Thread for 2024 entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by emm4nuella
Hello everyone, welcome to the official discussion thread for students who have gotten a offer from University of Warwick for 2024 entry! You can chat with other offer holders, and see if you can find someone who could be in your class next year <3! also, let us know what A Levels you are taking and the subject you want to study!! :smile:

Hi I have applied to do Sociology and I have accepted Warwick as my firm choice :smile:
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 81
Original post by Anonymous #22
How much time it took ?

submitted in early Dec, received offer 2nd week of Jan 🙂
Reply 82
Original post by disha _jdfbs
Hi, I have an offer for English!!

me too!- mine is english and french
Reply 83
Original post by evess22
hi!! i have received an offer for english lit! i currently study english, philosophy & ethics, and music :smile:

same, but i am doing french alongside it
Original post by elliegovv
same, but i am doing french alongside it

hi! I've also received an offer for english lit! :smile:
Another call to the void for any creative writing students?

(hi english lit!!!! we might share some lectures!!!)
Original post by furtherfrommaths
Another call to the void for any creative writing students?

(hi english lit!!!! we might share some lectures!!!)

Hii!! omg yes we might!!
Reply 87
Original post by astudent_143

hi, is warwick your first choice of uni?
Reply 88
Original post by astudent_143

me too!! :smile:
Hi Guys,

Got an offer from Warwick for MSC Supply chain management for September 2024, any other offer holders considering to join,please hit me up.
Can anyone tell me
That i want to apply to one more uni and i have used all five choices!
How can one apply to one more directly or by any other way
Hi there! I'm a current final-year student at Warwick, so if you have any questions about how life is here, nights out, studying, accom etc. feel free to ask away. I've been doing open days for all 3 years I've been here so know my ins and outs and happy to help <3
Original post by AnaaaElec
Hi there! I'm a current final-year student at Warwick, so if you have any questions about how life is here, nights out, studying, accom etc. feel free to ask away. I've been doing open days for all 3 years I've been here so know my ins and outs and happy to help <3

Plz answer above question
Original post by Anonymous #22
Can anyone tell me
That i want to apply to one more uni and i have used all five choices!
How can one apply to one more directly or by any other way

You can apply for an extra university using UCAS Extra | No Offers? Add More Choices With Our 'Extra' Service if you hold no offers by a certain date.

I don't really know anything more than that as the limit of 5 is generally what I had to adhere to. I can't really answer UCAS related questions as such as that's less of my area compared to questions about Warwick itself 🙂 I'm sure there are other UCAS threads that can offer better expertise.
Thanks alot
Reply 95

Hi, I know that Warwick uni is not actually in the city itself, is it annoying or difficult having to travel to the city from campus?
Original post by elliegovv
Hi, I know that Warwick uni is not actually in the city itself, is it annoying or difficult having to travel to the city from campus?

Hey! I lived in Coventry in my second year of university, and didn't find it too hard to get from place to place. Campus is a lovely break from the bustle of the nearby towns (and very safe if you're working there late). The two major towns/cities close to Warwick are Leamington Spa and Coventry, with Leamington being about a 20-30 minute bus ride and central Coventry being 10-15.

Buses to Leamington are always in high demand at peak hours but it's a lovely place to go to when you want to shop or head out with friends. Peak hours include around 5-8pm on work days or sometimes, much later at night when the Leamington nightclubs typically hold events (can't remember what days these exactly are but it used to be Thursday/Friday). Coventry on the other hand can be a pain when you're getting TO campus, since the buses crowd massively when passing through central Cov with people getting in for lecture hours in the morning. But I never had an issue getting home on the Cov bus, and there are plenty of alternative bus options for each place you might want to visit. With all the good transport links and options (two of my friends once walked for 1h30 from campus and reached Coventry 💀), there should be nothing to worry about :smile:
Reply 97
Hey! I lived in Coventry in my second year of university, and didn't find it too hard to get from place to place. Campus is a lovely break from the bustle of the nearby towns (and very safe if you're working there late). The two major towns/cities close to Warwick are Leamington Spa and Coventry, with Leamington being about a 20-30 minute bus ride and central Coventry being 10-15.

Buses to Leamington are always in high demand at peak hours but it's a lovely place to go to when you want to shop or head out with friends. Peak hours include around 5-8pm on work days or sometimes, much later at night when the Leamington nightclubs typically hold events (can't remember what days these exactly are but it used to be Thursday/Friday). Coventry on the other hand can be a pain when you're getting TO campus, since the buses crowd massively when passing through central Cov with people getting in for lecture hours in the morning. But I never had an issue getting home on the Cov bus, and there are plenty of alternative bus options for each place you might want to visit. With all the good transport links and options (two of my friends once walked for 1h30 from campus and reached Coventry 💀), there should be nothing to worry about :smile:

Thanks for this info! I’m just wondering how you found the surrounding areas of the campus I.e if they were safe? Thanks 🙂
Original post by Anonymous #17
does it acc take that long for econ offers, i applied for morse on the 5th of december and got an offer on the 13th

hey! i applied for morse as well, can i ask ur stats if you dont mind?
Reply 99
Original post by DataVenia
If you'd rather do MORSE or Accounting and Finance, then you should have applied for MORSE or Accounting and Finance.

If, when you ask to switch courses, (a) you meet the entry requirements for the course to which you want to switch, and (b) there is space on that course, then they may well be happy for you to switch. If you know you'll want to switch, you should ask them now - before the equal consideration deadline on 31st January. After that date, you may find that the don't have the capacity to make you an offer even if they wanted to.

Hey there! sorry for such a late reply, exam season is going on in full swing at my school...

Actually when I applied (October), I was much more leaning towards theoretical economics/growth theories/labour market optimisation etc. but in the past 2-3 months I have gained a bit more insight into asset pricing models, time series, options pricing by scholes etc. I also think this field might be a bit more suitable for my career options (IBD, Quant Fin... as expressed in my P.S)

could you perhaps provide with the email to ask for a change? do i email the econ dept?
thanks for your help!

Quick Reply

Latest