The Student Room Group

I start a next job at next next week

I want to ask what should I prepare at my new job in next?And also I need to attend the induction this Wed who should I expect from induction?Thank you so much!
Original post by si1121
I want to ask what should I prepare at my new job in next?And also I need to attend the induction this Wed who should I expect from induction?Thank you so much!

Hi @si1121

Congrats on the job! I started at Next a few months ago and love it so far!

For preparation, I would try not to overthink it too much. Just make sure you've got some smart but comfortable clothes you can wear, and give yourself enough time to get ready. I like to set off for work so I arrive 15 mins early just so I can grab a drink and chill before I start working.

For my induction, I had a full tour of the store, getting to know all the fire exits and assembly points. As we walked round the store, my manager explained daily tasks and what sort of thing I would do in each area.
We also had a look over some paperwork and getting set up with the online network for managing your shifts etc,.

My induction lasted about 90mins/2 hours, but this may differ for your store, the same as what you end up doing may also be different.
But try to relax and take some pressure off it. Look at your induction as a way of learning your new role, and ask questions if you ever don't know something and you'll do great!

Hope this helps and good luck!!
Emily
Student Ambassador at BCU 🙂
Reply 2
Original post by BCU Student Rep
Hi @si1121

Congrats on the job! I started at Next a few months ago and love it so far!

For preparation, I would try not to overthink it too much. Just make sure you've got some smart but comfortable clothes you can wear, and give yourself enough time to get ready. I like to set off for work so I arrive 15 mins early just so I can grab a drink and chill before I start working.

For my induction, I had a full tour of the store, getting to know all the fire exits and assembly points. As we walked round the store, my manager explained daily tasks and what sort of thing I would do in each area.
We also had a look over some paperwork and getting set up with the online network for managing your shifts etc,.

My induction lasted about 90mins/2 hours, but this may differ for your store, the same as what you end up doing may also be different.
But try to relax and take some pressure off it. Look at your induction as a way of learning your new role, and ask questions if you ever don't know something and you'll do great!

Hope this helps and good luck!!
Emily
Student Ambassador at BCU 🙂

did I will receive anything such as staff ID badge or something in my induction?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending