The Student Room Group

Got a 59.4% overall in my 2nd year

Today I received my 2nd year grades and overall, I received 59.4%. This is a 2:2 and I need a 2:1 to get onto the postgraduate course for which I received a conditional offer (the condition being that I receive a 2:1 or above overall). My 2nd year was worth 40% of my final grade and this year (my 3rd year) is worth the other 60% of my grade. What percentage do I need to get a 2:1 or above overall if a 2:1 is 60% and a 1:1 is 70%? Also will my mark from 2nd year affect my postgraduate offer? I didn't have this mark when I applied due to strikes
Reply 1
Hey there!

I was in a similar situation as you, but was luckily able to get a high first class in my final year. I used this calculator to list all of my grades and their weightings throughout my third year to track my progress.

Hope it helps!
Weighted Average Calculator (rapidtables.com)
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
Today I received my 2nd year grades and overall, I received 59.4%. This is a 2:2 and I need a 2:1 to get onto the postgraduate course for which I received a conditional offer (the condition being that I receive a 2:1 or above overall). My 2nd year was worth 40% of my final grade and this year (my 3rd year) is worth the other 60% of my grade. What percentage do I need to get a 2:1 or above overall if a 2:1 is 60% and a 1:1 is 70%? Also will my mark from 2nd year affect my postgraduate offer? I didn't have this mark when I applied due to strikes

Given that you only missed a 2:1 by a fraction, you only need to get a fraction over 60% in year 3 to scrape a 2:1 overall.

You'd need 60.4% in year 3 to get 60% overall.

Many universities seem to have ways of classifying degrees that don't just rely on a weighted average -- for example, some look at only the best 100 credits in each year; some have special rules that apply if you're within 1-2% of a grade boundary, etc. You'll need to check your university's rules to see how they come up with the final classification.
Original post by Anonymous

60.4 will do it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending