The Student Room Group

Vodafone Cyber Security Degree Apprenticeship 2024

Scroll to see replies

Original post by hcwon1
Yeah they seem to have made an error in the application form, after I applied to "Birmingham" it became London (Brentford) on the application portal.

How did you find the video interview? I think the puzzles will be the same as Amazon, but this is the first time I've had to do a video interview for anything

Puzzles are different to amazon, it's only one with shapes and stuff and I reallllly disliked it. The video interview was fine, that was the more enjoyable part of it all. It was also my first time basically doing a video interview, as this has all been my first time doing any apprenticeship applications
Original post by Jo.nathan3.0
Puzzles are different to amazon, it's only one with shapes and stuff and I reallllly disliked it. The video interview was fine, that was the more enjoyable part of it all. It was also my first time basically doing a video interview, as this has all been my first time doing any apprenticeship applications
Thanks for the reassurance, was bummed since I probably didn't get amazon and just scrambled to find other stuff still open
Original post by hcwon1
Thanks for the reassurance, was bummed since I probably didn't get amazon and just scrambled to find other stuff still open

Understandable, there's not too much open anymore. I'm also having to fall back on this one (I applied a while before though, before amazon even)

I wish you luck with your application process!!
In one of their emails they stated that they would start inviting people to the assessment centre by February or March.
Once I emailed them regarding my application, they said that they were still looking at my application so I'm assuming that the assessment centre will be in March.
Original post by lulu5678890
In one of their emails they stated that they would start inviting people to the assessment centre by February or March.
Once I emailed them regarding my application, they said that they were still looking at my application so I'm assuming that the assessment centre will be in March.

I'm assuming next Tuesday they may start emailing people
Reply 25
Hi guys, once I start the online assessment am i able to pause it and come back to it ?
Original post by xxprxx
Hi guys, once I start the online assessment am i able to pause it and come back to it ?

Probably not, best to do in one sitting
Original post by xxprxx
I am doing it and I did the puzzle assessment a few days ago, I am going to do the video interview tonight. unsure if u mean complete a section and stop or quit after one video interview question. like Jo.nathan3.0 said best to do in 1 sitting, but it's possible to do puzzle and video separately. hope that clarifies :smile:
Reply 28
Original post by hcwon1
I am doing it and I did the puzzle assessment a few days ago, I am going to do the video interview tonight. unsure if u mean complete a section and stop or quit after one video interview question. like Jo.nathan3.0 said best to do in 1 sitting, but it's possible to do puzzle and video separately. hope that clarifies :smile:
yh that's what I meant I wanted to do the video interview tonight and the puzzle assessment tommorow.Will it give me the option to pick which one I do first ?
Original post by xxprxx
yh that's what I meant I wanted to do the video interview tonight and the puzzle assessment tommorow.Will it give me the option to pick which one I do first ?
yep u can pick which one u want to do first
(edited 2 months ago)
Original post by hcwon1
yep u can pick which one u want to do first

Has the window to apply closed yet or are applications still opened since you guys are still doing the assessments?
Has the window to apply closed yet or are applications still opened since you guys are still doing the assessments?
if im not mistaken applications ends in 4 days, however they said i can take the assessment within 5 days of applying and they send me an email that i had 48 hours the day after i applied, so its possible you cant do the assessments afterwards even if u applied before the deadline. just finished my video interview, man i stumbled a bit on my words and cogs had to turn for 10 secs in 2 questions but overall okay. i also got "above average" on game assessment but that could be top 51% who knows lol can only pray video goes well
Original post by hcwon1
if im not mistaken applications ends in 4 days, however they said i can take the assessment within 5 days of applying and they send me an email that i had 48 hours the day after i applied, so its possible you cant do the assessments afterwards even if u applied before the deadline. just finished my video interview, man i stumbled a bit on my words and cogs had to turn for 10 secs in 2 questions but overall okay. i also got "above average" on game assessment but that could be top 51% who knows lol can only pray video goes well

I liked the interview more. I did the mistake of doing the assessment when I was tired so I got below average on the assessment I think 😅 I hate assessments like that though so maybe I was naturally bad. I don't think it was a fair assessment though but oh well.

I liked the interview more. I did the mistake of doing the assessment when I was tired so I got below average on the assessment I think 😅 I hate assessments like that though so maybe I was naturally bad. I don't think it was a fair assessment though but oh well.

By fair I mean assessed more than one thing. It was my least favourite assessment I did for CS
By fair I mean assessed more than one thing. It was my least favourite assessment I did for CS
yeah that's true halfway through some of the puzzles just felt dodgy and i kinda did random dots, I preferred the amazon one with memory and stuff it was a more fun experience
Reply 35
Guys has anyone received anything regarding an assessment center? I have just been rejected by amazon and this vodafone opportunity is one of my last straws😭
Reply 36
Original post by mo7md
Guys has anyone received anything regarding an assessment center? I have just been rejected by amazon and this vodafone opportunity is one of my last straws😭
Nope, they are yet to say anything to me
IK this is probably the wrong thread but when I search up cybersecurity apprenticeship only sky comes up for me on TSR. I am assuming yall will apply for the gov one too? It says currently closed and will open shortly for 2024 entry, is this correct or did they make a mistake and applications were open before?
Reply 38
Original post by hcwon1
IK this is probably the wrong thread but when I search up cybersecurity apprenticeship only sky comes up for me on TSR. I am assuming yall will apply for the gov one too? It says currently closed and will open shortly for 2024 entry, is this correct or did they make a mistake and applications were open before?
I have been checking the gov one like everyday since I saw it and it still says not open. So I think it is closed till march so fairly soon.
Original post by hcwon1

I'm hoping to apply. I'm assuming they're opening early March at this point or literally the last day of February

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending