The Student Room Group

Boss not letting me take time off Work

I have Mock exams coming up in a few weeks and i have recently asked my boss for the time off we have on study leave (2 weeks) she came back to me a few days later and said via message No One in our members of staff have 2 weeks off. (note my job is a childcare position where i just have to pick up and drop children off after school time in which i will be in exams for a few days of that week or doing btec coursework)
Yesterday i then asked for 1 week off for my actual exams and she has said to provide evidence from the school that i have exams, and a whole email from my teacher ect which i dont have time to be getting and neither does my head of year. so im in a dilemma do i quit my job so i can revise (i was thinking about quitting anyway as the staff arent that nice and i do not get payed much) or do i stay but be kinda miserable and not get very good in my exams as my grades are extremely low currently even if im only working for an hour each day

my gut is telling me to leave due to bad management, poor training and staffing and constant misgendering (im trans btw) from basically all my collegues.
a lot of help would be appreciated quickly!
thanks!
How badly do you need the money? I assume you are either in pre 16 or post 16 education if you are doing a BTEC? It is certainly strange for them to demand evidence like that for what is not even a full time job (and I totally get your reluctance to request that from your teachers - it is hardly uncommon for students to have exams at peak exam season, and tbf teachers have more important things to do than that…)

I would follow your gut and quit if it doesn’t have too much financial impact. And it sounds as if you need to prioritise your studies.
(edited 5 months ago)
Reply 2
Original post by hannychica
How badly do you need the money? I assume you are either in pre 16 or post 16 education if you are doing a BTEC? It is certainly strange for them to demand evidence like that for what is not even a full time job (and I totally get your reluctance to request that from your teachers - it is hardly uncommon for students to have exams at peak exam season, and tbf teachers have more important things to do than that…)

I would follow your gut and quit if it doesn’t have too much financial impact. And it sounds as if you need to prioritise your studies.

Im 17 almost 18 so most of the money i am getting is either going towards myself and food or university savings but its not totally needed but is helpful, but thank you for the response i think im going to leave :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending