The Student Room Group

Can't seem to put in effort into studying

I'm not doing to well with my A Levels, but I'm seemingly incapable of putting in effort, and I self-sabotage more than I actually help myself do better. I don't know what I'm doing wrong that everyone else around me is doing right for me to not even be capable of improvement. I can't even accept help, so I really just don't know what to do any more

I take Maths, Physics, and Computer Science, if that matters at all
What do you mean by you are seemingly incapable of putting in effort?

Original post by Cheemgles
I'm not doing to well with my A Levels, but I'm seemingly incapable of putting in effort, and I self-sabotage more than I actually help myself do better. I don't know what I'm doing wrong that everyone else around me is doing right for me to not even be capable of improvement. I can't even accept help, so I really just don't know what to do any more

Reply 2
Original post by flowersinmyhair
What do you mean by you are seemingly incapable of putting in effort?

No matter how much I want to succeed, I just don't put in any effort. I don't know why but it's probably at least partially due to ADHD
No matter how much I want to succeed, I just don't put in any effort. I don't know why but it's probably at least partially due to ADHD

I would try breaking down things into very small chunks so then things feel less overwhelming, they can be as small as you want because it will be easier to carry on once you have got started.

Ahahah same subjects, same situation. I retook AS phy and Cs in oct/nov and my dad is legit prepared for me to have to retake it in may/June again. That's how bad it is. Idk why but I legit can't be asked. But I must change!🗿

My guy you interested in joining me on ypt or discord or something.

Quick Reply

Latest