The Student Room Group

Cancel tuition fee loan application and keep maintenance loan application

Hi, I applied for a tuition fee loan and maintenance loan today. I want to cancel the tuition fee loan due to a change in circumstance as I no longer need it. I’m now really worried I have signed up and can’t stop it, please reassure me I can cancel it and how I do this.
I need to keep the maintenance loan to get assessed for my bursary but don’t want the loan. I spoke to someone at SLE who is sending me a form to change from asking for full amount to £0.
Does this form also cover tuition loan? How do I stop my application for tuition fee loan? Thanks.
Original post by emli1109
Hi, I applied for a tuition fee loan and maintenance loan today. I want to cancel the tuition fee loan due to a change in circumstance as I no longer need it. I’m now really worried I have signed up and can’t stop it, please reassure me I can cancel it and how I do this.
I need to keep the maintenance loan to get assessed for my bursary but don’t want the loan. I spoke to someone at SLE who is sending me a form to change from asking for full amount to £0.
Does this form also cover tuition loan? How do I stop my application for tuition fee loan? Thanks.

Hi there, was it the tuition fee loan request form they sent to you? Thanks, Jason
Reply 2
Original post by SFE Jason
Hi there, was it the tuition fee loan request form they sent to you? Thanks, Jason

Hi, I haven’t been sent a form yet. I submitted it yesterday online. Thanks for your help.
Hi, I haven’t been sent a form yet. I submitted it yesterday online. Thanks for your help.

Thank you. If you've submitted that form and requested 0 fees then this will update accordingly in a 17 working day timescale for you. Thanks, Jason
Reply 4
Original post by SFE Jason
Thank you. If you've submitted that form and requested 0 fees then this will update accordingly in a 17 working day timescale for you. Thanks, Jason

Thanks Jason. On my online application form I asked for full tuition fee loan £9250. It is that I now need to change to asked for £0. Do you mean there is a separate form I am sent after my initial online application and I amend it there or do I need to amend my original submission and if so how do I do that? Thanks again, your help is really appreciated.
Thanks Jason. On my online application form I asked for full tuition fee loan £9250. It is that I now need to change to asked for £0. Do you mean there is a separate form I am sent after my initial online application and I amend it there or do I need to amend my original submission and if so how do I do that? Thanks again, your help is really appreciated.

Hi there, yes you would need to change this to £0 if you haven't already so we can reassess and correct this. Thanks, Jason

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending