The Student Room Group

**NEED A QUICK RESPONSE** (Gcse art q)

(edited 4 months ago)
Reply 1
As someone who did Graphic communication in GCSE, I don’t believe there is an issue with submitting more than one sketchbook for the course, but it is best to keep those pages in the sketchbook as the person marking your course at the exam board can see what things you drew as a draft or mistake and how you reflected on those previous drawings by improving them, it can help boost your mark and your grade by showing you can reflect and improve.

I don’t know what exam board or GCSE art course you are doing though, so it’s best to ask your teacher and not to rely on my information too much. Hope that helps.
Reply 2
Original post by Eyebrow
Basically I'm in my first year of the gcse art course and I was wondering whether I can rip out pages and redo them? I have already ripped out 3 and is it bad to keep doing it as I need to rip out a further 4 pages that I do not like. Also, if I finish my sketchbook because I've ripped out too many pages, can I have another one and just submit 3 sketchbooks at the end? Please give advice quick. Thank you.

Ripping pages is fine, you can always tag them in with string or can re-attempt to attach them again - I have done this with 1 or 2 of my pages and also ripped out 3 pages. Also, a sketchbook will take longer to fill than expected. As you go further into the course, you will realise that ripping pages out isn't such a bad thing, the focus just becomes on gaining marks for development and showing your skill. If you decide you need another book, it should be fine, since at the end, you will have to submit a lot of work, including final pieces ect. A tip though - if you do rip out pages, it would be wise to already have a page that you have done to replace them because as the year goes on, the coursework will pile on Apologies if this wasn't quick enough!
(edited 5 months ago)
Reply 3
Original post by Rishanm
As someone who did Graphic communication in GCSE, I don’t believe there is an issue with submitting more than one sketchbook for the course, but it is best to keep those pages in the sketchbook as the person marking your course at the exam board can see what things you drew as a draft or mistake and how you reflected on those previous drawings by improving them, it can help boost your mark and your grade by showing you can reflect and improve.

I don’t know what exam board or GCSE art course you are doing though, so it’s best to ask your teacher and not to rely on my information too much. Hope that helps.

Ok, thank you so much 🙂
Reply 4
Original post by XxArchiexX
Ripping pages is fine, you can always tag them in with string or can re-attempt to attach them again - I have done this with 1 or 2 of my pages and also ripped out 3 pages. Also, a sketchbook will take longer to fill than expected. As you go further into the course, you will realise that ripping pages out isn't such a bad thing, the focus just becomes on gaining marks for development and showing your skill. If you decide you need another book, it should be fine, since at the end, you will have to submit a lot of work, including final pieces ect. A tip though - if you do rip out pages, it would be wise to already have a page that you have done to replace them because as the year goes on, the coursework will pile on Apologies if this wasn't quick enough!

Thank yous o much, this helped a lot 🙂
Reply 5
Original post by Eyebrow
Basically I'm in my first year of the gcse art course and I was wondering whether I can rip out pages and redo them? I have already ripped out 3 and is it bad to keep doing it as I need to rip out a further 4 pages that I do not like. Also, if I finish my sketchbook because I've ripped out too many pages, can I have another one and just submit 3 sketchbooks at the end? Please give advice quick. Thank you.

Hey
im in the same boat as you so no need to worry i started gcse art too.
i think personally its a good idea but what i do is i plan before i start it so i know what im doing and dont rip the page.
also it doesnt matter how much sketchbooks you give to the examiner but it needs to be good
❤❤
Reply 6
Original post by van-van
Hey
im in the same boat as you so no need to worry i started gcse art too.
i think personally its a good idea but what i do is i plan before i start it so i know what im doing and dont rip the page.
also it doesnt matter how much sketchbooks you give to the examiner but it needs to be good
❤❤

Thank youu. Good luck!!

Quick Reply

Latest