The Student Room Group

Astrophoria foundation year 2024

Scroll to see replies

Original post by rahim930293002
YES was litro having an heart attack i came out of no where

congratulations bro! i pray u will absolutely smash the interview!
pray for all of us, gonna be a tough night😭
Original post by Sosaaaaaaaa
congratulations bro! i pray u will absolutely smash the interview!
ahahha ty !!!

I rlly thought i fumbled it because i had a typo in my FYAQ and my GCSE’S are low
ahahha ty !!!

I rlly thought i fumbled it because i had a typo in my FYAQ and my GCSE’S are low
what were your stats?
ahahha ty !!!

They don’t care about GCSEs and Icl I don’t think my UCAS referee has verified my FYAAQ yet 💀
Original post by Anonymous #7
ahahha ty !!!

They don’t care about GCSEs and Icl I don’t think my UCAS referee has verified my FYAAQ yet 💀

do they have to do that 😐
i’m surprised more people haven’t heard back yet
Original post by Theunfortunate
Omg I got an interview for English too :smile: I'm a gap year student and super worried about the written test! How are you preparing for it?
I'm also a gap year student! Well, I'm resitting English but doing the learning from home, so spend most of my time working or reading. The written test is really scary to me as well. It's structured like a lot of the essay Qs from essay comps or A-Level papers instead of an ELAT, so hoping that works in my favour. But, when it comes down to it, having 40 minutes seems like not enough time to formulate a good response and find texts that back me up. All in the same boat though, so hopefully we all slay as hard as we can in the conditions :smile:

I hope your tests and interviews go brilliantly! Might even be able to meet in Sept if I survive this aha!
Original post by Anonymous #8
I'm also a gap year student! Well, I'm resitting English but doing the learning from home, so spend most of my time working or reading. The written test is really scary to me as well. It's structured like a lot of the essay Qs from essay comps or A-Level papers instead of an ELAT, so hoping that works in my favour. But, when it comes down to it, having 40 minutes seems like not enough time to formulate a good response and find texts that back me up. All in the same boat though, so hopefully we all slay as hard as we can in the conditions :smile:

I hope your tests and interviews go brilliantly! Might even be able to meet in Sept if I survive this aha!
Glad I am not alone! I haven't touched English since July so I am stressing! But I have read some essays and dissertations from boredom. I'm honestly going to read/recap on 2-3 books, two of which I cited in my PS and one I really enjoy, and hope that suffices for the essay and interview. 40 minutes is indeed scary but I'm going to drill the quality over quantity notion into my head.

Best of luck to you! Hope we both survive till Sep <3
Hey, congrats everyone on getting and interview. Honestly I wasn’t expecting to get an interview but I did for PPE! How are you guys preparing?
Original post by Theunfortunate
Glad I am not alone! I haven't touched English since July so I am stressing! But I have read some essays and dissertations from boredom. I'm honestly going to read/recap on 2-3 books, two of which I cited in my PS and one I really enjoy, and hope that suffices for the essay and interview. 40 minutes is indeed scary but I'm going to drill the quality over quantity notion into my head.

Best of luck to you! Hope we both survive till Sep <3
Yes the quality over quantity really should mean more to me! I’m also recapping my PS, but only the novels (mentioned 2) so the heaviest content is fresh in my head. I mentioned a lot of poetry which sort of just comes to me as second nature, so refreshing for those bit shouldn’t be as stressful (I say now!)

Now I’m praying for us both to get in hehe you seem so hard working and dedicated to your studies☺️
(edited 1 month ago)
Congrats to you too!! I’m reading over my PS, making sure that my assertions are still things I agree with now, trying to sort of make sure those lines of thought hold validity and coherence. Also reading the books I mentioned in my PS (I do English, so probably a greater emphasis on this than PPE). Also watching the prep vids on the astrophoria yt channel too!
I'm happy to do mock interviews for anyone who applied chemistry
Original post by Sakai04
I'm happy to do mock interviews for anyone who applied chemistry

I won't charge anything by the way
Anyone else received interviews?
any new law interviews?
Original post by Anonymous #3
any new law interviews?
I haven’t heard anything at all
i think they normally give out interviews in the afternoon
Original post by Anonymous #11
i think they normally give out interviews in the afternoon