The Student Room Group

How to get a reference from my Uni for transferring universities?

I'm a first year student and I want to transfer to another university for the second year.
I know I need to apply through UCAS
But how should I get a reference from my university? Should I ask ALL my teachers or should I ask my course leader, even though I don't think none of them even know me enough to write about me.
Also my university told me they don't give out predicted grades for first year so what should I put on UCAS?
Also other than a personal statement, is there anything else that I need
Thanks
Original post by King Ivar
I'm a first year student and I want to transfer to another university for the second year.
I know I need to apply through UCAS
But how should I get a reference from my university? Should I ask ALL my teachers or should I ask my course leader, even though I don't think none of them even know me enough to write about me.
Also my university told me they don't give out predicted grades for first year so what should I put on UCAS?
Also other than a personal statement, is there anything else that I need
Thanks

Just speak to your course leader. They don’t need to know you intimately to provide a reference. They just need to know your results so far and the sort of work you’ve been producing and some of the reasons you’re applying elsewhere.

You don’t need predictions for transfers. You’ll be asked to provide a transcript after you apply

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending