The Student Room Group

Transferring uni after a foundation year

I'm currently studying for a foundation year in engineering at UEA, and was hoping to move uni after. Does anyone know if unis have their own UCAS buzzword, how to get references, etc, or just any experiences of how they did it.
I spoke to my academic advisor, and he didn't seem to like the fact that I wish to transfer ;/
Original post by Hellhelp0333
I'm currently studying for a foundation year in engineering at UEA, and was hoping to move uni after. Does anyone know if unis have their own UCAS buzzword, how to get references, etc, or just any experiences of how they did it.
I spoke to my academic advisor, and he didn't seem to like the fact that I wish to transfer ;/

You need to check that your target university's accept transfers. Many don't. (I assume your A level grades don't meet the entry requirements for your target uni, and you're hoping to gain entry based upon a good result from your foundation year?)

If you find a target uni which is happy to consider a transfer, that will likely want an academic from your current university to write your reference. So you won't use a buzzword in this instance, instead you'll just provide the details of your tutor (or academic advisor, or whoever) when UCAS asks for the details of your referee.
Original post by Hellhelp0333

Most university's dont accept another's foundation year students. A foundation year is for that university as there isnt a national standard like say A levels. Check with any university you intend to transfer to that they will accept you but you shouldnt take a foundation year expecting another university to accept you. Maybe that is what your academic advisor knows.

You world be better resitting A levels than taking the foundation year as that is a national qualification

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending