The Student Room Group
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford

MSc Social Science of the Internet 2024-25

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I didn't make it through unfortunately, but have been offered a place at LSE. So just thinking over my options at the moment.

I think it is my grades that did me in - although they were technically first class, they were definitely on the lower end.
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford
Reply 21
Original post by e2ee
I didn't make it through unfortunately, but have been offered a place at LSE. So just thinking over my options at the moment.

I think it is my grades that did me in - although they were technically first class, they were definitely on the lower end.

You just got updated today?
Also congratis on your admission at LSE! When a door closes, another one opens!!
Reply 22
Original post by AndGab22
You just got updated today?
Also congratis on your admission at LSE! When a door closes, another one opens!!

hey, i applied for the early deadline! i found out in december itself that i didn't make it.
Has anyone who applied via the January deadline gotten any outcomes yet (or am I just to s t e w until mid march lol)
Reply 24
Original post by e2ee

Sorry to hear that! You're better than them. In any case, may I ask what your background was? And whether you applied full or part time. I haven't heard back yet, you've just received yours?
Reply 25
Original post by J.ioak
Sorry to hear that! You're better than them. In any case, may I ask what your background was? And whether you applied full or part time. I haven't heard back yet, you've just received yours?

oh no no, i received in december itself as i applied to the november deadline. i applied full-time, and although i hold an LLB, i have been working as a policy analyst for the last 2.5 years or so.
Reply 26
Original post by e2ee

oh no no, i received in december itself as i applied to the november deadline. i applied full-time, and although i hold an LLB, i have been working as a policy analyst for the last 2.5 years or so.

Oh I see. I don't know what chance I have then, I'm on the lower end of a first too but relative to my cohort I'm ranked #2? So not sure how that changes. I'm sorry still at uni lol so how do I stand a chance 😭 I find out next week anyway (week 8 starts)
Reply 27
Original post by J.ioak
Oh I see. I don't know what chance I have then, I'm on the lower end of a first too but relative to my cohort I'm ranked #2? So not sure how that changes. I'm sorry still at uni lol so how do I stand a chance 😭 I find out next week anyway (week 8 starts)

you never know how these things work out - i hope you get through!
Reply 28
By way of update guys, I have received no invitation to interview and it's now week 7
Reply 29
Same here, wondering what's their timeline for the January deadline.
Reply 30
Original post by fburnat
Same here, wondering what's their timeline for the January deadline.

It's next week, but not sure if it'll be later lol
Reply 31
Original post by J.ioak
It's next week, but not sure if it'll be later lol

do you mean next week for interviews or decisions? are you basing that on the regular 8 weeks timeframe?
Reply 32
Original post by fburnat

do you mean next week for interviews or decisions? are you basing that on the regular 8 weeks timeframe?

Interviews were apparently meant to be handed out 3-6 weeks after the application deadline. Results are meant to arrive 8-10 weeks after that deadline, and we're currently on week 7 if you are going by the Jan deadline, so we should find out next week or in 3 weeks from now, but not too sure!
Reply 33
Reply 34
Original post by fburnat

🤣🤣

Btw, do you mind lmk what your background is for applying? Would be interesting to know what other people are doing / applying with!
Reply 35
I remember reading that interviews are not normally a part of the selection process here
Reply 36
Original post by AndGab22
I remember reading that interviews are not normally a part of the selection process here

FWIW, I didn't interview or get any invitation to, and got my offer in Dec. So I don't think they necessarily interview.
Reply 37
Original post by milliquas

FWIW, I didn't interview or get any invitation to, and got my offer in Dec. So I don't think they necessarily interview.

I'm quite nervous as I'm an undergraduate student who obviously has no experience in the field but I do have a passion and rank top 3 in my cohort ( despite having a lower first grade ). I haven't received an interview and the period for it has passed, week 8 begins next week ahh
Reply 38
Original post by milliquas

Actually I'm applying for part-time study. I did apply last year but before the last deadline (March for PT), got rejected and improved my application (and put it for the January deadline hoping it would improve it). Last year they mentioned they would interview PT applicants but I can't find the info anymore
Reply 39
Original post by fburnat

Actually I'm applying for part-time study. I did apply last year but before the last deadline (March for PT), got rejected and improved my application (and put it for the January deadline hoping it would improve it). Last year they mentioned they would interview PT applicants but I can't find the info anymore

I've applied to part time study this time as well. What's your background?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending