The Student Room Group
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford

MSc Social Science of the Internet 2024-25

Scroll to see replies

Original post by J.ioak
Supporting documents section, should be at the bottom of the page!
Ahhh okay, mine still appears there... ¯\(ツ)
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford
Original post by Anonymous #6
Ahhh okay, mine still appears there... ¯\(ツ)
Same here, now worried it might be a bad sign :frown:
Original post by Mil123456
Same here, now worried it might be a bad sign :frown:

Why would it be a bad sign? Surely it disappearing is a bad sign?
Original post by Anonymous #3
Why would it be a bad sign? Surely it disappearing is a bad sign?
Idk, I read in a thread that Oxford might send acceptances first and rejections later. And I guess the button disappearing means they might receive an email in the following days. All hypothesizing in the face of uncertainty lol
Reply 84
Original post by Mil123456
Idk, I read in a thread that Oxford might send acceptances first and rejections later. And I guess the button disappearing means they might receive an email in the following days. All hypothesizing in the face of uncertainty lol
That's also what I read (not to create a panic)
Original post by fburnat
That's also what I read (not to create a panic)

I believe offers come out first from what I heard through a current student
Has anyone heard of someone getting accepted after the March deadline previously? I had to apply at that one and am worried it puts me at a disadvantage, even though they say all are equal. I'm yet to find someone who has!
Reply 87
Original post by Anonymous #8
Has anyone heard of someone getting accepted after the March deadline previously? I had to apply at that one and am worried it puts me at a disadvantage, even though they say all are equal. I'm yet to find someone who has!
I applied in March last year, got rejected so this year applied in January (I thought, maybe they have less slots to fill so trickier in March). I did try to improve my application since last year, we'll see if that works.
Original post by fburnat
I applied in March last year, got rejected so this year applied in January (I thought, maybe they have less slots to fill so trickier in March). I did try to improve my application since last year, we'll see if that works.

Has your upload button disappeared?
Original post by fburnat
Good thinking. I wonder if some Jan deadline applications are being made to wait longer to compare to March submissions and then decisions are made. Complete speculation though!
No not yet, but officially the deadline only passed a week ago even though I submitted earlier, so would be very early for me!
Reply 91
Yes
Reply 92
Good thinking. I wonder if some Jan deadline applications are being made to wait longer to compare to March submissions and then decisions are made. Complete speculation though!
I doubt it, I think they do it in batches per deadline.
Original post by fburnat
I doubt it, I think they do it in batches per deadline.

Fburnat sis are u part time or full time applicant
Original post by fburnat
When did you hear back last year btw?

We're all done for 💀💀💀
Reply 96
Fburnat sis are u part time or full time applicant
part-time (March is only open for part time)
Reply 97
Just checked my emails: April 2nd (on a Sunday, that was very weird)
Have all of those whose upload button disappeared applied to the part-time program?
Reply 99
Hey, for people who have difficulty sending private messages (blocked by the forum system, etc.) you can just directly email me at: [email protected]

Please send your Whatsapp number so I can add you. :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending