The Student Room Group

Can I remove disability from submitted UCAS application?

I have tried to use the ucas update form but it only allows you to change things such as passport, name, etc. I put social anxiety as my disability but I’m regretting it now especially because I’m applying for a few top unis, I want to remove it and I don’t really want any additional support for it anymore. Is it possible to just email UCAS and they will remove it?
It is not going to make any difference to you getting offers so dont worry about it.
Original post by dagi1234
I have tried to use the ucas update form but it only allows you to change things such as passport, name, etc. I put social anxiety as my disability but I’m regretting it now especially because I’m applying for a few top unis, I want to remove it and I don’t really want any additional support for it anymore. Is it possible to just email UCAS and they will remove it?

Your chosen universities already have your application. If you call UCAS (0371 468 0 468) and if they are able to make this update, then they will to contact those universities to have them update their records too. That will potentially draw more attention to your anxiety.

Ironically, it is your anxiety which is causing you to want to remove this (accurate) information from your application. As @swanseajack1 says, it will not adversely impact your application - even for top unis.
You could contact the unis themselves to ask them to remove the flag, but it's not used for admissions purposes. If you do get an offer, you might get an email or two from support services but it'll all be voluntary as to whether you use them in any way.
You have nothing to lose by leaving this on. You might end up with extra time for your exams.
Reply 5
Original post by Admit-One
You could contact the unis themselves to ask them to remove the flag, but it's not used for admissions purposes. If you do get an offer, you might get an email or two from support services but it'll all be voluntary as to whether you use them in any way.

oh ok, thank you!
Reply 6
Original post by swanseajack1
It is not going to make any difference to you getting offers so dont worry about it.

ah ok thank you!
Original post by dagi1234
oh ok, thank you!

No worries. That section is just used to flag people who might want/require assistance when they join. Nothing will be forced on you and most (all?) admissions screens don't show it as it could inadvertantly lead to discrimination. It's not relevant to whether you get an offer or not.
Reply 8
Original post by DataVenia
Your chosen universities already have your application. If you call UCAS (0371 468 0 468) and if they are able to make this update, then they will to contact those universities to have them update their records too. That will potentially draw more attention to your anxiety.

Ironically, it is your anxiety which is causing you to want to remove this (accurate) information from your application. As @swanseajack1 says, it will not adversely impact your application - even for top unis.

oh ok, thank you!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending