The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

too late for a contextual offer?

I qualify for a contextual offer at ucl by the access ucl scheme, the issue is i discovered that i had a dissability after submitting my ucas application so i received a standard offer. i got my grades and i got one mark lower in one subject but still higher than the contexual offer. can i call and let them know? they are holding my offer now till august 17th...

eligibility:
- long term health condition (permanent)
- disability
- a mature student
Original post by uclstudent1237
I qualify for a contextual offer at ucl by the access ucl scheme, the issue is i discovered that i had a dissability after submitting my ucas application so i received a standard offer. i got my grades and i got one mark lower in one subject but still higher than the contexual offer. can i call and let them know? they are holding my offer now till august 17th...

eligibility:
- disability
- a mature student

Phone them?
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

eligibility:
- disability
- a mature student

Yes, you can contact them regarding a condition which affected your studies, even if you weren't aware of it at the time.

They may need evidence, such as a doctors letter. Or they may ask for your school to send the confirmation in.

I would call rather than emailing initially. If you do email later, follow that up with a call to check receipt. Basically try and get it resolved before AL results day, and don't sit waiting for responses to emails.

eligibility:
- disability
- a mature student

Having a long term health condition does not entitle you to a contextual offer. See UCLs contextual conditions below. They may or may not consider you under extenuating circumstances and may accept you as a near miss. Ring them as already advised.

To be eligible you must be attending or have attended a UK state school for your A Levels/Pre-U/IB Diploma and live in an area that has a high level of financial, social or economic deprivation, or low progression to higher education.
As above, if longterm health isn't in their contextual criteria then this would relate to mitigating circumstances instead.

Same process as my other post, submit evidence to them ASAP so they have it alongside your results.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending