The Student Room Group

I applied in November and have still not received any UCAS updates

Hi, in November I applied for dental hygiene and I have still not recieved any UCAS updates. I know it does take a while but most people I know have received offers or invites to interviews. Should I contact the unis or does it usually take this long? Some unis also say I should hear back from them at least 4-8 weeks after applying and it has been over this. I have also received an email from all my unis I applied to to let me know they have recieved my application except from the university of birmingham. Should I contact them to ask if they have received my application?
(edited 3 months ago)
Original post by z1469288
Hi, in November I applied for dental hygiene and I have still not recieved any UCAS updates. I know it does take a while but most people I know have received offers or invites to interviews. Should I contact the unis or does it usually take this long? Some unis also say I should hear back from them at least 4-8 weeks after applying and it has been over this. I have also received an email from all my unis I applied to to let me know they have recieved my application except from the university of birmingham. Should I contact them to ask if they have received my application?

Have you received any messages saying your application has been received (not all universities do this but some do).

If not I would check your referee updated the reference and your payment all went through.

If this all went through then I wouldn’t worry, we’ve only just about reached the UCAS application deadline, you could write an email to your chosen unis politely querying status.

-

@PQ @Admit-One any thoughts?
Reply 2
Original post by mnot
Have you received any messages saying your application has been received (not all universities do this but some do).

If not I would check your referee updated the reference and your payment all went through.

If this all went through then I wouldn’t worry, we’ve only just about reached the UCAS application deadline, you could write an email to your chosen unis politely querying status.

-

@PQ @Admit-One any thoughts?

Hi, I have recieved emails from all my unis i applied to except birmingham.

I'm sure it has gone through as I have gotten an email from ucas saying so.

Do you think I am expected to hear back from them soon as we are close to the deadline?
The Jan deadline is just for applications to be received. Can’t speak for this course but most have until May to return a decision.
Original post by z1469288
Hi, I have recieved emails from all my unis i applied to except birmingham.

I'm sure it has gone through as I have gotten an email from ucas saying so.

Do you think I am expected to hear back from them soon as we are close to the deadline?

Not necessarily- if you have received responses then your application has gone through correctly so you just need to be patient. Every university and course is different.

Some respond very quickly others use all the time they have.
Reply 5
Original post by mnot
Not necessarily- if you have received responses then your application has gone through correctly so you just need to be patient. Every university and course is different.

Some respond very quickly others use all the time they have.

Ok thank you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending