The Student Room Group

give me 1 reason how video games are useful

Scroll to see replies

They're a great de-stressor.
I find them a good way to relax and distract my mind during my breaks it's just when I get so addicted that I'm found playing in lessons that's a problem.
Original post by 1582
They're a great de-stressor.

True, if it comes not to addiction that lead to a neglection of the everyday life.
(edited 3 months ago)
Original post by Kallisto
True, if it comes not to addiction the lead to a neglection of the everyday life.

I find them such a great help in everyday life. Frustrated with my girlfriend? A half hour of any violent video game to let off steam is healthier than a dumb argument. :lol:
(edited 3 months ago)
Reply 24
Original post by user1298371
give me 1 reason how video games are useful or make a positive impact

It fades away my stress when I'm really bothered by something. Also, concentration switches.
Original post by 1582
I find them such a great help in everyday life. Frustrated with my girlfriend? A half hour of any violent video game to let off steam is healthier than a dumb argument. :lol:

If I would play games every time when I got cross with people or are just pi-ss with them off, there would be almost no day I would use videogames for distraction. :redface:
(edited 3 months ago)
give me 1 reason how video games are useful or make a positive impact (genuine question all good vibes just asking!! 🙂 )

I’ve heard some people say that they can improve your coordination skills.
give me 1 reason how video games are useful or make a positive impact (genuine question all good vibes just asking!! 🙂 )

As a whole I think that video games provide very little positive impact beyond being a source to destress and entertain ones self. Though I think it depends quite heavily on the types of games you play - but for me the only reasons I think there is to play games is to have fun.

If you're not having fun you're wasting your time. If a game doesn't respect your time or tries to excessively
milk you for money then its also a waste of time.

I feel fortunate enough to be in a position where I lack agaming addiction and don't feel any incentive to buy the majority of modern western AAA games. I am a sucker for the Yakuza/Like a dragon series though...
(edited 3 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest