The Student Room Group

lloyds of london video interview

Hi, has anyone done the lloyds of london graduate interview? what is it like/what can I expect and what were the general questions you were asked
Reply 1
Hi there,

It's been a few weeks since I did my Lloyds of London (Actuarial Graduate) recorded video interview so I can't remember the specific questions, but the reason for that is it's so similar to the video interviews from other companies I have applied to (EY, Lloyds Banking Group, PwC etc). Overall, I found the experience to be good and I think I did well, but I've done this type of interview so many times now (having failed the first few times), so its something you definitely get better at with practice.

However, in general (may not be these exact questions - just a guide), if I remember correctly the questions were mostly:

motivational ("Why do you want to join us at Lloyds of London", "Why do you want to do this role specifically", "Why do you think you are a good fit for this role") etc,

situational ("How would you respond to criticism from your manager", "How would you respond to criticism from your colleague", "How would you handle a colleague who seems to be struggling with their work", "How would you approach a project you have very little experience in?") etc.

Some advice: read up on Lloyds of London's core values and or principles, and try and tailor them into your motivational answers if you can; make yourself seem like a good fit for the company's culture and someone who understands why the company operates in a certain way. Make sure you know what exactly Lloyds of London does, and how your role plays a part.

Also, the interview provider for me was a company called Cappfinity. I believe they do all of Lloyds of London's video assessments, but if you want to check, just open the email Lloyds sent you and right click the "click here" and press "copy linked address" and just paste it somewhere (but dont press enter). If it says "apitake.cappassessments" somewhere in the URL, then Cappfinity is the provider. This means you can go on the Cappfinity website and it will give you example video interview questions.

I also used a website called Graduates First as it has practice video interview questions where you can record yourself too and it will give you some (admittedly basic feedback on your facial expressions and such). The pack I bought cost around £49 IIRC but its good in general because it also has numerical, deductive, logical, verbal reasoning practice questions and practice game assessment questions if you want to practice for other companies' application processes too.

Good luck!
Reply 2
Original post by Sid2001
Hi there,

It's been a few weeks since I did my Lloyds of London (Actuarial Graduate) recorded video interview so I can't remember the specific questions, but the reason for that is it's so similar to the video interviews from other companies I have applied to (EY, Lloyds Banking Group, PwC etc). Overall, I found the experience to be good and I think I did well, but I've done this type of interview so many times now (having failed the first few times), so its something you definitely get better at with practice.

However, in general (may not be these exact questions - just a guide), if I remember correctly the questions were mostly:

motivational ("Why do you want to join us at Lloyds of London", "Why do you want to do this role specifically", "Why do you think you are a good fit for this role") etc,

situational ("How would you respond to criticism from your manager", "How would you respond to criticism from your colleague", "How would you handle a colleague who seems to be struggling with their work", "How would you approach a project you have very little experience in?") etc.

Some advice: read up on Lloyds of London's core values and or principles, and try and tailor them into your motivational answers if you can; make yourself seem like a good fit for the company's culture and someone who understands why the company operates in a certain way. Make sure you know what exactly Lloyds of London does, and how your role plays a part.

Also, the interview provider for me was a company called Cappfinity. I believe they do all of Lloyds of London's video assessments, but if you want to check, just open the email Lloyds sent you and right click the "click here" and press "copy linked address" and just paste it somewhere (but dont press enter). If it says "apitake.cappassessments" somewhere in the URL, then Cappfinity is the provider. This means you can go on the Cappfinity website and it will give you example video interview questions.

I also used a website called Graduates First as it has practice video interview questions where you can record yourself too and it will give you some (admittedly basic feedback on your facial expressions and such). The pack I bought cost around £49 IIRC but its good in general because it also has numerical, deductive, logical, verbal reasoning practice questions and practice game assessment questions if you want to practice for other companies' application processes too.

Good luck!

Have you heard back from them? Have done the video interview as well but still waiting 🙂
Reply 3
Original post by jc234
Have you heard back from them? Have done the video interview as well but still waiting 🙂

Nah, haven’t heard back from them yet unfortunately. Seems a lot of firms have loads of applications this year, because I’m still waiting to see if I’ve been invited to assessment centres for places I applied to back in September. What role did you apply for?

Best of luck!
(edited 3 months ago)
Reply 4
Original post by Sid2001
Nah, haven’t heard back from them yet unfortunately. Seems a lot of firms have loads of applications this year, because I’m still waiting to see if I’ve been invited to assessment centres for places I applied to back in September. What role did you apply for?

Best of luck!

Markets - let me know if you hear anything

Quick Reply

Latest