The Student Room Group

How to get grade 9 in gcse re?

For re I do christianity paper 1, islam paper 2. In my mock I got 67% overall which isn't too bad as my individual scores were pretty different. I'm good at christianity because I am a christianyself so I understand it, but for Islam I only got like half marks as it just doesn't stick in my head. Any tips on how to revise re? I honestly have no clue
I find it that the themes section is so much easier to get them top grades in. Look for example essays and see how they get good marks
Original post by thrivingfrog
For re I do christianity paper 1, islam paper 2. In my mock I got 67% overall which isn't too bad as my individual scores were pretty different. I'm good at christianity because I am a christianyself so I understand it, but for Islam I only got like half marks as it just doesn't stick in my head. Any tips on how to revise re? I honestly have no clue

I am Muslim so I find islam easier lol, but I recommend watching Ben Wardle on YouTube. His videos are good and to the point and have helped me pass my exams. He does both Christianity and Islam. Hope this helps.
Original post by Student5cience
I find it that the themes section is so much easier to get them top grades in. Look for example essays and see how they get good marks

Do u have any tips to give me for my upcoming RE themes paper? Since I find themes harder
Reply 4
Original post by userwantstolearn
I am Muslim so I find islam easier lol, but I recommend watching Ben Wardle on YouTube. His videos are good and to the point and have helped me pass my exams. He does both Christianity and Islam. Hope this helps.

I agree with this. Ben Wardle's videos are very useful
Original post by ManUtd_21
I agree with this. Ben Wardle's videos are very useful

Have you got any tips on themes papers? Any advice? I find it more of a struggle with the questions more than content.
Original post by thrivingfrog

I'm guessing you're doing AQA? If so, I would suggest going through your textbook alongside previous papers and forming a question bank which you can go through and plan. I did this the day before my paper 1 exam and it helped me tremendously.

Good luck with your exams.
(edited 11 months ago)
Original post by Light of Truth
I'm guessing you're doing AQA? If so, I would suggest going through your textbook and previous papers and forming a question bank which you can go through and plan. I did this the day before my paper 1 exam and it helped me tremendously.

Good luck with your exams.

Hi, do have any tips on themes papers for RE?
Reply 8
Have you got any tips on themes papers? Any advice? I find it more of a struggle with the questions more than content.

I actually did Christianity and Buddhism, and I really enjoyed studying both at GCSE . Basically, I did loadssss of past paper questions and memorised a few of the longer quotes from the bible(I'm a christian btw so I didn't find the christianity side too difficult) as well as a few teachings from Buddhism. But I just really enjoyed it tbh, I guess that's the main reason why I never really struggled.
Reply 9

I also watched a few videos the night before, to make sure that I knew all of the key details
Thank you to everyone giving me tips but i did my GCSE RE a year ago now and got a 9 :colondollar: Best of luck to everyone who is currently doing their GCSES I'm sure you'll all do amazingly!

Quick Reply

Latest