The Student Room Group

TSR Reading Challenge 2024

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Tatakae L
ive read them so long ago but they were some of the detective ones prirot (ik i butchered that spelling im sorryy) i think they were the like 5 and 7th ones in the seeries or something, one about the golf course and i cant acc remember the other one, i just know i loved it. i have watched the movies too death on the nile and the orient express. i might have read the orient express too? im not sure.
and im going to start the 3rd book of from blood and ash after ive finished the 3rd book of acotar 😭😭. im spliting the series up because acotar im reading with my freind who is a slowww reader so when i finish it i move back to from blood and ash and other books, its chaotic and i never do it normally but then again ive never read the same book as her at the same time.

yeah i made a vow to never red acotar i see it too much on tiktok but from blood and ash is goood so ill be on book 3 by the end of the week. I also wanna read the reacher novels by lee child because I just finished the series and if jack reacher has no fans IM DEAD, but really im in love w the man and im ready to sacrifice my sleep to read all 30 novels 😭😭😭
Original post by halfharry
yeah i made a vow to never red acotar i see it too much on tiktok but from blood and ash is goood so ill be on book 3 by the end of the week. I also wanna read the reacher novels by lee child because I just finished the series and if jack reacher has no fans IM DEAD, but really im in love w the man and im ready to sacrifice my sleep to read all 30 novels 😭😭😭

im only reading acotar for my freind cant lie, but i like it, its not too bad, but omds i loveeeee from blood and ash and i am speeing through the third book of acotar so i can start the from blood and ash one. and omds lol i have them added to my list but idk when i'll get round to reading them i cant lie bc my list just keeps on getting longer
im only reading acotar for my freind cant lie, but i like it, its not too bad, but omds i loveeeee from blood and ash and i am speeing through the third book of acotar so i can start the from blood and ash one. and omds lol i have them added to my list but idk when i'll get round to reading them i cant lie bc my list just keeps on getting longer

i just finished book 2 LOVVVEE ITT (i acc need to revise so i'll pause on starting book 3)
i just finished book 2 LOVVVEE ITT (i acc need to revise so i'll pause on starting book 3)

I STARTED BOOK 3 LAST NIGHT BC I FINISHED THE ACOWAR book. honestly tho the acotar does get better throughout the boooks so if you are ever to read it dont base all your judgment on the first one bc tbf they get better thoughout.

AND OMDS THE 2ND BOOK HAD ME GASPING AT THE END. i had to take a break from it and read the 3rd acotar book instead. tbh i need to revise too tho so i am gonna try read it less and revise more bc what am i doing with my life😭😭😭😭
I STARTED BOOK 3 LAST NIGHT BC I FINISHED THE ACOWAR book. honestly tho the acotar does get better throughout the boooks so if you are ever to read it dont base all your judgment on the first one bc tbf they get better thoughout.

AND OMDS THE 2ND BOOK HAD ME GASPING AT THE END. i had to take a break from it and read the 3rd acotar book instead. tbh i need to revise too tho so i am gonna try read it less and revise more bc what am i doing with my life😭😭😭😭

STOOOOPPP THE NEDING OF BOOK 2 MADE ME GASSSP. My mum sees me reading the book all the time and she said "lemme read a page...." I SHUT THE BOOK AND WENT TO GO STUDY IMMEDIATELYY (unexpected motivation😍)
i'll start book 3 this evening seeing as we both read books very quickly
P.s: After seeing ur username I might go back to watching aot, it's been 2 years😭😭😭 (if thats what ur username is referencing)
STOOOOPPP THE NEDING OF BOOK 2 MADE ME GASSSP. My mum sees me reading the book all the time and she said "lemme read a page...." I SHUT THE BOOK AND WENT TO GO STUDY IMMEDIATELYY (unexpected motivation😍)
i'll start book 3 this evening seeing as we both read books very quickly
P.s: After seeing ur username I might go back to watching aot, it's been 2 years😭😭😭 (if thats what ur username is referencing)

THE ENDING WAS JUST SO OISBRGAERNGPIAEINEGP. and nooo not the mum asking to read that filth😭😭😭 because at that point with our luck the page that they would open would be filth lmaooo.

And yes it is a aot reference bc i am inlove with that show and would litteraly recomend it to anyone that I know, so defo go back and rewatch it bc it has finished so there is that. lol.
im currently reading the establishment by Owen Jones! I got a lot of books for Christmas, and am aiming to read at least 10 books this year!
THE ENDING WAS JUST SO OISBRGAERNGPIAEINEGP. and nooo not the mum asking to read that filth😭😭😭 because at that point with our luck the page that they would open would be filth lmaooo.

And yes it is a aot reference bc i am inlove with that show and would litteraly recomend it to anyone that I know, so defo go back and rewatch it bc it has finished so there is that. lol.

halfway book 3 now😭😭😭🤭
halfway book 3 now😭😭😭🤭

AHH NO WAY IM ON LIKE CHAPTER 5 OR SOMETHING, IM 60 PAGES IN DAMNNN
i'll catch up soonnnn
Original post by study23!
Yes it is! I haven’t read Cinder but renegades is pretty good at the moment, it’s the first book I’ve read revolving superheroes but I’m enjoying it, just need to finish it 😂

ooh i see, if you're into fairy tale spin off genre yeah thats what cinder series be about

thats really good to hear :woo: i agree yep i recall it being good read too
Reply 51
hiii unfortunately i dont celebrate christmas
My goal is to read 20 books this year but so far I've only read 3 lol. The books I've read so far are The Hitchhiker's Guide To the Galaxy by Douglas Adams, Kidnapped by Robert Louis Stevenson, and House of Hollow by Krystal Sutherland. I liked Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy and Kidnapped but House of Hollow was kinda bad ngl.
(edited 1 month ago)
Oh yeh i started house of hollow i couldnt get into it ngl
Original post by Chronoscope

Happy New Year!!!

Its been a while since we've done a reading challenge on TSR (I think the last one might have been in 2020)
The aim of the challenge is to pick a reading goal you're happy with (you can increase or decrease your goal too), and share the books you're reading along the way in this thread :smile:

Good luck!
Icebreaker questions :grouphugs:
What book(s) are you currently reading?
Did you get any books for Christmas? :xmas:
How many books are you aiming to read this year?
How many books did you read in 2023?
IS it too late to join in! I hope not <3

Books currently reading - I'm reading like 4 different books! I always try to go for a fiction, non-fiction and a classic that I can hop through when I get bored/ADHD decides to hit. The fiction I'm reading at the moment is a Magical Realism book called The Ninth Child by Sally Macgunsson.

Book Goal 2024 - I've set my goal for 120 total, but I'm also going to give myself some additional goals of reading a bit wider; a lot of my reading last year were for my degree and my dissertation, so there was a lot of specific historical non-fiction.
I found my old Nintendo DS copy of 100 Classic Book Collection and want to get a far through it as possible this year, as well as trying to get through a few award nominated/winning books.
Currently I'm up to 15 in my yearly goal :smile:

Book Count 2023 - My original goal had been for 100 books and ended up reading 113! My personal record <3
(edited 1 month ago)
Original post by EstelOfTheEyrie
Books currently reading - I'm reading like 4 different books! I always try to go for a fiction, non-fiction and a classic that I can hop through when I get bored/ADHD decides to hit. The fiction I'm reading at the moment is a Magical Realism book called The Ninth Child by Sally Macgunsson.
Book Goal 2024 - I've set my goal for 120 total, but I'm also going to give myself some additional goals of reading a bit wider; a lot of my reading last year were for my degree and my dissertation, so there was a lot of specific historical non-fiction.
I found my old Nintendo DS copy of 100 Classic Book Collection and want to get a far through it as possible this year, as well as trying to get through a few award nominated/winning books.
Book Count 2023 - My original goal had been for 100 books and ended up reading 113! My personal record <3
Wow that is a very impressive reading goal!
Original post by EstelOfTheEyrie
U got this and no it isn’t too late welcome!:wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending