The Student Room Group

im 17 years old

my mom and dad they still look through my phone and take it too. i just got my phone taken because i was talking to this really amazing guy, my classes for my ged start today and my dad woke me up at 5 in the morning (my classes start at 9 am and i went to bed at 3) because he looked through my phone. yes i like the guy but my father is racist towards him and im at the point where i buy my own phone but i work for my dad so hes probably gonna still force me to hand my phone over because he can be a piece of yk what. i dont know what to do tho.
Reply 1
That's a bit harsh - you should probably speak to them about needing privacy and boundaries - this whole situation creates a lack of trust, which is not good for anyone; you already work for your father so he should trust you to some extent. If they keep invading your things like that; maybe put pin codes on your device and start locking your apps - it's reasonable for them to be looking out for you as your parents but the racism and actually taking your phone are too much. They may be concerned about you because you went to bed at 3am which is quite late, so they probably wanted to check on you. It is worth iterating that whilst they have raised you, it doesn't mean you have to necessarily follow their life choices as to how they go about things.

I hope things get better for you and good luck on your ged

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending