The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

How much are optional law modules worth at Lancaster?

Hi, I'm a first year studying law and at the moment we're just studying core modules but I know in second and third year there are some optional modules to choose alongside the core ones. How much is each one generally worth in credits? There are quite a lot on the list of past modules offered that I think would be interesting but I know I wont be able to do them all, so I just wanted to get an idea of how many I'd likely be able to take.
Original post by Anonymous #1
Hi, I'm a first year studying law and at the moment we're just studying core modules but I know in second and third year there are some optional modules to choose alongside the core ones. How much is each one generally worth in credits? There are quite a lot on the list of past modules offered that I think would be interesting but I know I wont be able to do them all, so I just wanted to get an idea of how many I'd likely be able to take.

Hi,

I don't study law so I am unable to tell you how many credits will be compulsory and how many you can get through optional modules however if you follow this link and scroll down to the law modules and view their pages you should be able to see that the modules are either 15 credits or 30 credits.

Module and Programme Catalogue for Lancaster University

For year 2 you should need to do 120 credits again so for example if all the modules you take are worth 15 you will be doing 8 modules.

Also, if you go on the portal and select the student record tab followed by the module enrolment link and then the current module enrolments link you will be able to see which modules are compulsory and how many credits you have left to fill with optional modules!

Hope that helps, Ella
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Lancaster Student Ambassador
Hi,

I don't study law so I am unable to tell you how many credits will be compulsory and how many you can get through optional modules however if you follow this link and scroll down to the law modules and view their pages you should be able to see that the modules are either 15 credits or 30 credits.

Module and Programme Catalogue for Lancaster University

For year 2 you should need to do 120 credits again so for example if all the modules you take are worth 15 you will be doing 8 modules.

Also, if you go on the portal and select the student record tab followed by the module enrolment link and then the current module enrolments link you will be able to see which modules are compulsory and how many credits you have left to fill with optional modules!

Hope that helps, Ella

Thank you, I had no idea that page existed!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending