The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL English 2024

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous #1
Hi, I know of one student (UK, not contextual) who was interviewed last week but have not heard of anyone else yet. Have not seen many others posting about UCL English generally though.
Hi, do you know what kind of things they ask in the interview, I have mine soon and have no clue what they will ask and haven't heard of anyone else having an interview for English yet. Thanks :smile:
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Hiii also applied for English as an international applicant. So far I haven't seen an international applicant for English who has received an offer and the wait is so tantalizing 🤕
Original post by clearestblu3e
Hiii also applied for English as an international applicant. So far I haven't seen an international applicant for English who has received an offer and the wait is so tantalizing 🤕
International applicant here too! It's good to hear it's not just me waiting! I submitted my app a little later than most (early Jan), but the wait is excruciating. Luckily I have 1 offer already.
(edited 1 month ago)
Original post by Anonymous #3
I’m currently in 2nd year English at UCL… Happy to answer any questions about the course!
Hi, this isn't about the course but did you have an interview when applying? If so what kind of things do they ask and do you have any tips!!! i have mine this week and I have no clue what to expect
Original post by Anonymous #6
Hi, this isn't about the course but did you have an interview when applying? If so what kind of things do they ask and do you have any tips!!! i have mine this week and I have no clue what to expect

Hi, I did! They asked me about my a-level texts. They did throw out a couple of unexpected questions, things like why do YOU think xyz is done this way in the text. They weren’t questions I could have prepared for. It was more like I had to know parts of my texts and what I enjoyed about them. They want to see that you enjoy the subject and are passionate about it, and that you can string sentences together!
Also out of complete curiosity, who did everyone have for interviews? As a current student I’m intrigued to hear which of my teachers are interviewing 😂
Original post by Anonymous #3
Also out of complete curiosity, who did everyone have for interviews? As a current student I’m intrigued to hear which of my teachers are interviewing 😂
I’ve got mine in a few days with Peter Swaab and Julia Jordan. 😳😳
Original post by Anonymous #6
I’ve got mine in a few days with Peter Swaab and Julia Jordan. 😳😳

Ooh good luck! They’re both v nice 😊
Original post by clearestblu3e
Hi there! I'm an international applicant and just received an offer for English yesterday! No interview! 😄 Hopefully you hear back soon if you haven't already!
Original post by donika.bea
Hi there! I'm an international applicant and just received an offer for English yesterday! No interview! 😄 Hopefully you hear back soon if you haven't already!
aaa okay that's scary 😭 what were your predicted grades if you don't mind sharing? if you're international do you do the IB?
(edited 1 month ago)
hi does anyone know of any home students who have received a decision yet?
Original post by donika.bea

hiii i’m looking to make an english at ucl 2024 gc!! my insta is filmbymishal if you wanna be friends :smile:
Original post by Anonymous #7
hi does anyone know of any home students who have received a decision yet?

Yes, my daughter got an offer a couple of weeks ago
Original post by Anonymous #1
Yes, my daughter got an offer a couple of weeks ago

Congrats!! Are her grades predicted? Thx
Original post by mishyylll
hiii i’m looking to make an english at ucl 2024 gc!! my insta is filmbymishal if you wanna be friends :smile:

Hi!! I got an offer for UCL English a few weeks ago. I would love to join the group chat but unfortunately I don’t have instagram (i deleted all of my main social media accounts). I looked at your account via my twin sister and it seems that you’re from mcr??- if so, I am too!! I have whatsapp/discord/facebook/imessage if you wanted to message :smile:
Original post by vidlera17
Hi!! I got an offer for UCL English a few weeks ago. I would love to join the group chat but unfortunately I don’t have instagram (i deleted all of my main social media accounts). I looked at your account via my twin sister and it seems that you’re from mcr??- if so, I am too!! I have whatsapp/discord/facebook/imessage if you wanted to message :smile:

private message me on here x
Original post by mishyylll
private message me on here x

Hi, any UK students waiting/received English lit offers 🙏 🙏 🙏 🙏 😥😥
Hi, yes my son had an interview in late Feb andwas offered a conditional place end of March(AAA). He’s received an email today about theOffer Holder day on 15th May. Might be worthchasing if you haven’t heard anything.
Original post by Anonymous
Hi, yes my son had an interview in late Feb andwas offered a conditional place end of March(AAA). He’s received an email today about theOffer Holder day on 15th May. Might be worthchasing if you haven’t heard anything.

Yay! Congratulations.
Bit disappointed - interviewed not long after your son & work submitted.
May 15th is an exam day also, just to add to it...
Probably not meant to be.
Original post by Anonymous
Yay! Congratulations.
Bit disappointed - interviewed not long after your son & work submitted.
May 15th is an exam day also, just to add to it...
Probably not meant to be.

Offer received!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending