The Student Room Group

Why does suddenly I got bad grades ?

Okay, so normally I always have very good grades like the maximal grades or a little lower but it's normally good, but this trimester it's getting bad I always got the average and it's getting on my mood, everyone in my class got better grades but for me, it's the inverse. I don't know what should I do.
(edited 3 months ago)
Original post by Restoril
Okay, so normally I always have very good grades like the maximal grades or a little lower but it's normally good, but this trimester it's getting bad I always got the average and it's getting on my mood, everyone in my class got better grades but for me, it's the inverse. I don't know what should I do.

You should stop comparing yourself to others firstly, it doesn't help you in any way, and just makes you feel worse about yourself. Do you know why you are not doing as well? Do you know how you can improve? You have to identify those things yourself, as they are very personal to you. Hope this helps.
Reply 2
Original post by flowersinmyhair
You should stop comparing yourself to others firstly, it doesn't help you in any way, and just makes you feel worse about yourself. Do you know why you are not doing as well? Do you know how you can improve? You have to identify those things yourself, as they are very personal to you. Hope this helps.

I don't know for now, but I'll try my best to be better, thank you

You should not compare yourself to others, everyone works at their own pace. Perhaps this trimester the content you have done is trickier or the questions on the tests were harder. Some may have found the test very difficult, others not so much. Its all relative, do not think that this terms or previous terms grades define you. You now have identified weaknesses, go over your test and relearn/revise the content you lost marks on. Then redo the question and give it to your professor to re mark or self assess if that is not an option. Do not dwell on the fact your grade has gone down, it will only waste the time you could be spending revising. All you can do now is improve, good luck for next time.

Yeah, I know the feeling. Honestly, you could just be tired. Or maybe the content this trimester was just more confusing for you. Or maybe there was something else going on in your life taking up brain space. There are lots of possibilities! Listen to your body and mind. Maybe write a list. Try not to censor yourself consider every possibility with complete honesty. Externalising everything could help you to sort through it.

One thing with getting good grades nearly constantly is that your expectations become suuuper high. I dropped Higher Maths to Standard Maths and the JOY I felt when I was doing my mock was unreal because I could actually understand stuff. My expectations were just… so low. My grade wasn’t very different from the class average, but everyone was like “oughhh that was horrible:frown:((“ meanwhile I was grooving. It’s all about perspective!! rotate your thinking about and be kind to yourself:smile:
Original post by Wasaywaseem
Original post by Anonymous #2
Yeah, I know the feeling. Honestly, you could just be tired. Or maybe the content this trimester was just more confusing for you. Or maybe there was something else going on in your life taking up brain space. There are lots of possibilities! Listen to your body and mind. Maybe write a list. Try not to censor yourself consider every possibility with complete honesty. Externalising everything could help you to sort through it.

One thing with getting good grades nearly constantly is that your expectations become suuuper high. I dropped Higher Maths to Standard Maths and the JOY I felt when I was doing my mock was unreal because I could actually understand stuff. My expectations were just… so low. My grade wasn’t very different from the class average, but everyone was like “oughhh that was horrible:frown:((“ meanwhile I was grooving. It’s all about perspective!! rotate your thinking about and be kind to yourself:smile:

Need help in your assignment or quizzes to get 100% result ? Then do let me know

I’m good. I’m predicted 43/45 on my IB 👍
Reply 6
Just to be clear to any students reading - what this person is advertising is not just immoral and a risk of blackmail, it is illegal in the UK.
(edited 3 months ago)
Yeah, I assumed as much, but I was too tired to go off at them so I hoped they’d just go away. Seeing as they didn’t, though... go away, scammer! >:frown: I’ve worked my ass off for my 43 and I’m gonna work even harder to push it to 45. take your false promises and crimes elsewhere.
Reply 8
Original post by Wasaywaseem
I'm just trying to help not advertising anything
No worries you can do this by yourself

You will soon be banned. Go and target mugs elsewhere, cheat.
Reply 9
Original post by Anonymous #2

Thank you ! I'll do my best and not give up, you're probably right something happen or I was just tired.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending