The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I'm frequently getting the page hanging (unresponsive to swiping). Not totally sure how to trigger it, but using the top-right 3-bar menu and then going back has caused it a couple of times (Android/Chrome,).

It's about now I start my rants about "did anyone test this?" I guess...
Reply 21
Original post by RainbowLapras
I'll flag up the homepage issue, thank you! I'll make a note of the other issues you've raised too :smile:

Wbf, the issue/bug log was never fixed on the previous thread. It would make sense to have one (visible) for this thread so people can easily see if an issue has been raised / what the response is, without having to go through the whole thread.
(edited 3 months ago)
Reply 22
Waitinng for 30s, the reduced homepage does appear.
Original post by mqb2766
Waitinng for 30s, the reduced homepage does appear.

I'm noticing a lot of things seem to have got a fair bit slower - I was in f38 and tried to jump to your new post here and thought it had hung again it took so long.
Original post by mqb2766
Wbf, the issue/bug log was never fixed on the previous thread. It would make sense to have one (visible) for this thread so people can easily see if an issue has been raised / what the response is, without having to go through the whole thread.

We're using a new feedback process for issues going forward, after the issues you mention with the previous one - you should be able to see more info on that here! :smile:
Visiting F38, it no longer seems possible to tell which threads have already been read. Don't know if it's totally broken or just way too subtle
This is minor (and may not be new), but the ampersand in the title of this thread is escaped (as &amp) in the new posts notification.
Original post by DFranklin
Visiting F38, it no longer seems possible to tell which threads have already been read. Don't know if it's totally broken or just way too subtle

Just to check, are you seeing different icons to these? :holmes:

This is minor (and may not be new), but the ampersand in the title of this thread is escaped (as &amp) in the new posts notification.

Thanks, I'll make a note!
Just to check, are you seeing different icons to these? :holmes:

I get purple "TSR logo" S's. I've cleared site data and it makes no difference.
I raised this in the app feedback, but I really don't like the idea of this "for you" feed. I understand why TSR is doing it, it increases engagement, reduces unanswered threads and all that jazz. That's fine, I think it has its place. BUT... please introduce a chronological feed.

Thankfully I don't have to worry about this anymore, but back when I was looking for new content in Chat, I relied heavily on a chronological view of the latest posts. I could do without the posts from several days/weeks ago being there. It would be excellent if we could have a 'latest' feed. You could even do a Twitter and refuse to let us have it as default, that's fine, but please give us the option of a latest feed for the whole forum.
I'm frequently getting the page hanging (unresponsive to swiping). Not totally sure how to trigger it, but using the top-right 3-bar menu and then going back has caused it a couple of times (Android/Chrome,).

It's about now I start my rants about "did anyone test this?" I guess...

This is very likely due to us going live with the changes this morning. We will keep you updated but we expect this to be ironed out soon 🙂
I get purple "TSR logo" S's. I've cleared site data and it makes no difference.

For both icons? I'll flag that up, that doesn't sound correct!
For both icons? I'll flag that up, that doesn't sound correct!

Yes.
Original post by Evil Homer
This is very likely due to us going live with the changes this morning. We will keep you updated but we expect this to be ironed out soon 🙂

Wow. Just wow.

Surely "not hanging people's web pages when we go live" should be one of the preconditions before going live?

[What am I thinking? This is the TSR "minimal functionality" Dev Team after all...]
Also, is it just me, or are the adverts bigger/more obtrusive following the rebrand?
Reply 36
We're using a new feedback process for issues going forward, after the issues you mention with the previous one - you should be able to see more info on that here! :smile:

Id not read to the bottom of the OP fully so missed that. Would it be possible to put it nearer the top and maybe also link
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=1645
so the list of issues that have been raised.
Wow. Just wow.

Surely "not hanging people's web pages when we go live" should be one of the preconditions before going live?

[What am I thinking? This is the TSR "minimal functionality" Dev Team after all...]

I did warn in the first post that some disruption could happen in the morning as we made the very large changes. Sorry my announcement didn't go to the right place, that is on me.

Please could you keep feedback regarding the new rebrand on topic please, you have noted that you aren't happy with the roll-out but our team does read this feedback and it isn't pleasent to see things this personal.

Thank you for flagging, will keep everyone updated.
(edited 3 months ago)
Original post by mqb2766
Id not read to the bottom of the OP fully so missed that. Would it be possible to put it nearer the top and maybe also link
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=1645
so the list of issues that have been raised.

@Evil Homer would you be able to update this, please and thank you? :awesome:
Also, is it just me, or are the adverts bigger/more obtrusive following the rebrand?

The ads haven't been changed as part of the rebrand, to my knowledge! :nope:

Latest

Trending

Trending