The Student Room Group

Student finance - change of circumstances

In October I finished a foundation year undergraduate, I’ve got pass results and I was waiting to enrol for year 1. Although in December I decided to change university and course, so I applied and last week I’ve got an accept offer. I’m suppose to start in February.
I had applied for student finance 23/24 months ago and it has been approved. Now that I change I send a change of circumstances form to sfe, and also changed details online. Is asking me to upload dependants details (ID/child benefit etc), which I did buy instead of the upload files to go in each child, goes to one and it continues to shows that I have steps to complete. I’ve been trying to call them but lines was busy and I was waiting over an hour on the phone, I will try to call again tomorrow.
But it still doesn’t shows me that they receive my application or when I’ll have next update.
Mostly I’m worried about childcare grant as I’m using it to pay my daughters nursery, and now that my course will start and I need to attend 3 days a week ( previous course I was attending once a week so was much easier to arrange childcare) I’m not sure how I’ll manage it with the payments.
Does anyone has any idea or have you experienced any similar situation?
Original post by Demi959
In October I finished a foundation year undergraduate, I’ve got pass results and I was waiting to enrol for year 1. Although in December I decided to change university and course, so I applied and last week I’ve got an accept offer. I’m suppose to start in February.
I had applied for student finance 23/24 months ago and it has been approved. Now that I change I send a change of circumstances form to sfe, and also changed details online. Is asking me to upload dependants details (ID/child benefit etc), which I did buy instead of the upload files to go in each child, goes to one and it continues to shows that I have steps to complete. I’ve been trying to call them but lines was busy and I was waiting over an hour on the phone, I will try to call again tomorrow.
But it still doesn’t shows me that they receive my application or when I’ll have next update.
Mostly I’m worried about childcare grant as I’m using it to pay my daughters nursery, and now that my course will start and I need to attend 3 days a week ( previous course I was attending once a week so was much easier to arrange childcare) I’m not sure how I’ll manage it with the payments.
Does anyone has any idea or have you experienced any similar situation?

Hi Demi, When did you make the change on your online account? Thanks, Angela
Reply 2
Hi Angela, i did change details online on Tuesday and also I see that my form been delivered yesterday as it was tracked.
Hi there. Does you application for 23/24 show online as processing? It's around 28 working days to process any changes at the moment.

If you have already uploaded your child evidence, you don't need to send it again. It will still show on your actions, but this is because they need to process the application first before the actions disappear.
(edited 3 months ago)
Reply 4
Original post by Leah SLC
Hi there. Does you application for 23/24 show online as processing? It's around 28 working days to process any changes at the moment.

If you have already uplaoded your child evidence, you don't need to send it again. It will still show on your actions, but this is because they need to process the application first before the actions disappear.

I think so it’s on processing application now as it dark black that option.
Also it says next update 11 to 24 July 2024, what that means? I’ll have to wait 6 months? 😱
Original post by Demi959
I think so it’s on processing application now as it dark black that option.
Also it says next update 11 to 24 July 2024, what that means? I’ll have to wait 6 months? 😱

No, there is an issue with the online timescale's at the moment. This will be incorrect.

It's 28 working days from the date we received the changes. Please note, this is an estimated timescale and is subject to change. Thanks, Leah.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending