The Student Room Group

Will cancelling my student finance application affect it in the future?

I know you're entitled to 3 years of student finance plus 1 gift year in case of a change of circumstances. So far I've had one year of student finance and had an application for this year but decided to cancel as I'm taking a gap year. So would that mean I still have 3 years left of my student finance application?
Original post by JackNorris516
I know you're entitled to 3 years of student finance plus 1 gift year in case of a change of circumstances. So far I've had one year of student finance and had an application for this year but decided to cancel as I'm taking a gap year. So would that mean I still have 3 years left of my student finance application?

Hi there, Cancelling your application for this year will not affect your future funding. Thanks, Angela
Original post by JackNorris516

Hi Jack,

The calculation is the;

Course length+ an additional year - previous study years = entitlement

If your new course is 3 years, then yes, it would be 3+1-1= 3 years.

If the new course is 4 years in length, then it would be 4+1-1= 4 years

You can take a gap year then return to your course as this would not change the previous study calculation.

Thanks, Clare

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending