The Student Room Group

Imperial Medical Biosciences 2024 entry

Scroll to see replies

No new offers?
Reply 41
Original post by vmikkyu
hey guys, haven’t seen a discussion for our course yet and I thought I’d make one!

helllooo guys it’s nice to see someone made once for medical biosci, where else have we applied and what for??
have anyone received any new imperial medical biosciences? It looks like they’ve stopped giving them out
Reply 43
Original post by Drugeifbwdbsoh
have anyone received any new imperial medical biosciences? It looks like they’ve stopped giving them out

nope. from what I’ve seen they gave a couple out two sundays ago but nothing after that
Original post by vmikkyu
nope. from what I’ve seen they gave a couple out two sundays ago but nothing after that

they are probably working their way down from when people applied or predicted grades i’m guessing
Original post by 17277282kiosk

they are probably working their way down from when people applied or predicted grades i’m guessing

I feel like they are gathering a group of applicants. For example, September and October applicants

I feel like they are gathering a group of applicants. For example, September and October applicants

Cuz I’m sure they wouldn’t want to miss out any good applicant so I think this is prob the best way to do so

i agree

i agree

May I ask when did you apply? And what’s your pg
Reply 49

That makes sense
If anyone applied to UCL, the offers came out like 2hrs ago. Including international offers.
i just switched out of this course so i’m gonna unwatch this thread. good luck with offers to those still waiting!
Someone said in a separate thread that the offers so far are only to those with perfect grades. So would 3A*A not be good enough, and we would need 4A*s lmao? Considering a majority still apply with just 3A*.
Reply 53
Original post by HKnight682
Someone said in a separate thread that the offers so far are only to those with perfect grades. So would 3A*A not be good enough, and we would need 4A*s lmao? Considering a majority still apply with just 3A*.

i mean that would be kinda unfair seeing as the entry reqs are 3As😭😭😭😭 they’re taking so long it’s starting to get tiring
Original post by aleezino
i mean that would be kinda unfair seeing as the entry reqs are 3As😭😭😭😭 they’re taking so long it’s starting to get tiring

according to the stats and fois they always gave the second batch of offers around 1-2nd Feb. Its past that already and not many ppl seem to be getting it. This year's competition must be very high I guess.
Reply 55
now im worried 😭 i've applied with 3As and 1B and was really hoping to get in
Reply 56
any idea when they’re gonna start giving out offers again? has anyone else heard back?
Original post by vmikkyu
any idea when they’re gonna start giving out offers again? has anyone else heard back?

For the last couple of years they gave out offers around mid January (which we had as well) and around February 1-3, and beginning of March as well. It's a bit weird they haven't given another batch of offers yet so late. The only reason could be there's a very high number of applicants this year, they have limited spots and with with much less ppl applying for medicine this year we can only assume more ppl applied to life sciences/biomed.
Reply 58
Original post by AcadWarriorA*
For the last couple of years they gave out offers around mid January (which we had as well) and around February 1-3, and beginning of March as well. It's a bit weird they haven't given another batch of offers yet so late. The only reason could be there's a very high number of applicants this year, they have limited spots and with with much less ppl applying for medicine this year we can only assume more ppl applied to life sciences/biomed.

how come less people are applying for med?
Original post by vmikkyu
how come less people are applying for med?

Unless you’ve been living under a rock for the past year or so, you might have noticed the significant amount of strikes and protests surrounding the pay in the NHS, ranging from strikes from junior doctors, nurses and all the way to top consultants and surgeons.

I know countless people who were also planning to pursue medicine, but switched to biomed at a last resort as well just because of that fact. Funnily enough myself included, I even did the UCAT in August last year with a strong score but changed to biomed in the end as well. when I was on work experience even the doctors told me not to do med, at least not in the Uk.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending