The Student Room Group

What sort of online freelance jobs can I do whilst in Uni?

Hi, Oxford Uni 2024 offer holder here. I come from a relatively middle class background and so would only be able to received approx. £5k in student loans each year, however I will not be receiving any sort of financial support and therefore am searching for online freelance sort of jobs to be doing on the run up to and during my course whilst I am also in full time employment and saving. I am aware that obviously the courses at Oxford are incredibly demanding and that I would not be able to dedicate many hours to this, but I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for freelance work that I could do alongside what I am already completing? I have submitted an application to become an English audio transcriber on TranscribeMe, and have created an Upwork account to look for such roles, but I am not having much look at the moment. I was wondering if anyone else has some advice or recommendations for places / sites to look on? Thanks :>
Original post by ghostbeansgirl
Hi, Oxford Uni 2024 offer holder here. I come from a relatively middle class background and so would only be able to received approx. £5k in student loans each year, however I will not be receiving any sort of financial support and therefore am searching for online freelance sort of jobs to be doing on the run up to and during my course whilst I am also in full time employment and saving. I am aware that obviously the courses at Oxford are incredibly demanding and that I would not be able to dedicate many hours to this, but I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for freelance work that I could do alongside what I am already completing? I have submitted an application to become an English audio transcriber on TranscribeMe, and have created an Upwork account to look for such roles, but I am not having much look at the moment. I was wondering if anyone else has some advice or recommendations for places / sites to look on? Thanks :>

Hi @ghostbeansgirl

Maybe check in with your uni to see if they offer any remote jobs for students. I am a content creator here at BCU, so I make some TikTok's for the university, and also work as a Student Room Rep for BCU too! So maybe there are some opportunities at your uni that might work well alongside your studies.

There may be some tutoring roles available online too. Possibly social media content roles for brands, etc.

If you're looking for some extra money, but without committing to a job, you could always try Vinted, or selling other unwanted/unused items in the lead up to starting uni to get some money put aside. You might not make a lot this way, but you might get some money out aside for Fresher's or for free time activities.

I hope you find something that works for you! I'm sure something will come up.

Emily
Student Rep at BCU 🙂

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending