The Student Room Group

Official TSR Book Club 2024

Scroll to see replies

OUR JANUARY BOOK OF THE MONTH
I can reveal that our book of the month is Daisy Jones and The Six by Taylor Jenkins Reid! Thanks for voting! Now over the course of the month, we will be reading this book then sharing our overall thoughts on 19th February 2024! So until then - happy reading and no spoilers :biggrin:! Thanks, Emmanuella :smile:
Original post by emm4nuella
Hello everyone,
Welcome to the official TSR Book Club for 2024! If you like books, then this thread is for you! Every month, we can decide on what book we should all read then a month later, talk about what we liked about the book! Feel free to leave book recommendations and suggestions as we all go along!

Meanwhile...
what are your 2024 reading goals? - whats everyones 2024 reading goals? - The Student Room

link to book spreadsheet (feel free to fill in this every time you finish a book!): https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1m2g6w6Ter25NMiudTdfNyPl6EdQ2GTkNIuT-tYDnMbk/edit?usp=sharing

Love this idea! And the spreadsheet is great - I've just added to it :biggrin:
I love the spreadsheet! :love: :jumphug:
(edited 3 months ago)
hey when can we vote on the next book we will read?
Original post by HadronCollider

a month from the day this poll was opened i'm guessing!
oh ok thank you! i've also seen you've read song of achilles on the spreadsheet - I really liked that book as well, especially how achilles and patroclus are depicted
oh ok thank you! i've also seen you've read song of achilles on the spreadsheet - I really liked that book as well, especially how achilles and patroclus are depicted

yess it was such a beautiful story and i loved how the two (and their budding romance) was portrayed. you can read my full review of it on my book diary thread book diary - The Student Room 💕

@HadronCollider voting opens on 16th feb and closes on 19th feb :smile:
@HadronCollider voting opens on 16th feb and closes on 19th feb :smile:

thank you!
Original post by heartz4moushi
yess it was such a beautiful story and i loved how the two (and their budding romance) was portrayed. you can read my full review of it on my book diary thread book diary - The Student Room 💕

yesss i agree i will also read your book review :smile:
For those of you who are part of the book club :biggrin:, would you mind sending me a private message as soon as you can please? I am thinking of doing discussion groups when it comes to the time to talking about the book, and I would like an idea of numbers!

How were you thinking of doing this? We need to make sure whatever is set up is a) safe and b) within TSR rules :smile:
Hello everyone,
Welcome to the official TSR Book Club for 2024! If you like books, then this thread is for you! Every month, we can decide on what book we should all read then a month later, talk about what we liked about the book! Feel free to leave book recommendations and suggestions as we all go along!

OUR JANUARY BOOK OF THE MONTH
I can reveal that our book of the month is Daisy Jones and The Six by Taylor Jenkins Reid! Now over the course of the month, we will be reading this book then sharing our overall thoughts on 19th February 2024! So until then - happy reading and no spoilers :biggrin:!

(OUR FEBRUARY BOOK OF THE MONTH
voting for the February book of the month will open on Friday 16th February and polls will close on the 19th February!)

Meanwhile...
what are your 2024 reading goals? - whats everyones 2024 reading goals? - The Student Room
TSR Reading Challenge: TSR Reading Challenge 2024 - The Student Room

link to book spreadsheet (feel free to fill in this every time you finish a book!): https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1m2g6w6Ter25NMiudTdfNyPl6EdQ2GTkNIuT-tYDnMbk/edit?usp=sharing

TSR Book Club

Hello all, thanks for the support on the Book Club so far! Here is the Amazon link to our January book here: Daisy Jones and The Six: The must-read bestselling novel : Jenkins Reid, Taylor: Amazon.co.uk: Books or you can always borrow from the local library :smile:!

Can't wait for the book discussion in February!!

This thread is obviously still open for you guys to leave book reviews, book recommendations etc - but nothing about our book of the month yet! I'm afraid you have to wait until the 19th Feb to contribute and see everyone else's comments! :biggrin:

In addition, feel free to add books that you are reading to the spreadsheet (link in original post that's attached) and also contribute to the forums that I have linked above!

Any questions or queries, please ask! ❤️

tagged users: @Chronoscope @Saracen's Fez @Vic Vinegar @ebyrne2036 @doesgraymatter @study23! @user11112234 @amber.07 @squemily16 @marz11 @heartz4moushi @Tatakae L @inanotherlifeee @penguingirl18 @FSAC1977 feel free to also tag in users who may love the book club too!

Thanks bookworms 📚🐛,
Emmanuella :smile:
(edited 2 months ago)
TSR Book Club

Hello all, thanks for the support on the Book Club so far! Here is the Amazon link to our January book here: Daisy Jones and The Six: The must-read bestselling novel : Jenkins Reid, Taylor: Amazon.co.uk: Books or you can always borrow from the local library :smile:!

This thread is obviously still open for you guys to leave book reviews, book recommendations etc - but nothing about our book of the month yet! I'm afraid you have to wait until the 19th Feb to contribute and see everyone else's comments! :biggrin:

In addition, feel free to add books that you are reading to the spreadsheet (link in original post that's attached) and also contribute to the forums that I have linked above!

tagged users: @Chronoscope @Saracen's Fez @Vic Vinegar @ebyrne2036 @doesgraymatter @study23! @user11112234 @amber.07 @squemily16 @marz11 @heartz4moushi @Tatakae L feel free to also tag in users who may love the book club too!

Thanks bookworms 📚🐛,

im hoping to download it and read it soon. cant wait for the disscussion on the book! I aso thought that this is a great way into genres we dont unusally read for example if we have classics one month, or horror or scifi. that was extra tho
Reply 53
Original post by Tatakae L
im hoping to download it and read it soon. cant wait for the disscussion on the book! I aso thought that this is a great way into genres we dont unusally read for example if we have classics one month, or horror or scifi. that was extra tho

Yeah maybe we can have a theme per month? For example maybe romance for feb cause of valentines, and then March classics or whatever we’d like. Then we could submit our recs based on the theme 🤷*♀️ mean we’ll have quite a different book every month though
Original post by study23!
Yeah maybe we can have a theme per month? For example maybe romance for feb cause of valentines, and then March classics or whatever we’d like. Then we could submit our recs based on the theme 🤷*♀️ mean we’ll have quite a different book every month though

yesss i love that cause i think it is best to have a theme because its also then easier to choose a book or vote for a book because it'd be so much more similar rather than a whole different genre
Reply 55
Original post by Tatakae L
yesss i love that cause i think it is best to have a theme because its also then easier to choose a book or vote for a book because it'd be so much more similar rather than a whole different genre

Yeah tbf this month the books were sort of all over the place for genres 😂 but yeah we’ll all have to pick a theme again.
Reply 56
TSR Book Club

tagged users: @Chronoscope @Saracen's Fez @Vic Vinegar @ebyrne2036 @doesgraymatter @study23! @user11112234 @amber.07 @squemily16 @marz11 @heartz4moushi @Tatakae L feel free to also tag in users who may love the book club too!

Thanks bookworms 📚🐛,

Tagging @AspiringSurvivor @MindMax2000 from the reading society group
@study23! and @Tatakae L for the feb book of the month, should we decide on a genre first before venturing into the specific books?
Original post by study23!
Tagging @AspiringSurvivor @MindMax2000 from the reading society group

Thanks for the tag.
Reply 59
@study23! and @Tatakae L for the feb book of the month, should we decide on a genre first before venturing into the specific books?

Yeah think so! According to google dairy Jones genres are historical fiction (albeit now what would come to my mind), romance and music. So I guess it’s a should offer genres different to these

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending