The Student Room Group

LSE MPhil/ PhD 2024/2025

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by kandikaka
Wish you all the best!

Would you mind sharing how long did you wait for the interview invitation?

I applied on December 1st and I received the invitation in mid-January, so around 6 weeks (Christmas holidays included).
Reply 21
Original post by Tootash97
Hi everyone, starting this discussion as I have not seen any thread discussing about MPhil/PhD applications at LSE for 2024 intake in both The Student Room and Reddit :/

May I know if anyone applied and have gotten back answers? I have mostly seen people who applied to MSc getting their results back but not MPhil.

Thank you!

~ p/s: I applied for MPhil/PhD Social Policy on 15 Jan 2024. My documents status changed to "received - not verified" on Thursday, 18 Jan 2024.

also social policy. i’ve been waiting ages. would love to know whether anyone else heard back about an interview for that program so i can stop stressing and move on with my life if i didn’t get one 🤣
Reply 22
Original post by electrical-gully
Hi, I applied for Econ History PHD. Waiting period starts from the day references are received and your application is processed. My ref letters were submitted on 18th Dec. No info till now. Any one else applied to econ hist here?

Hi! I put Mphil/phd Social Policy as my first choice, and Econ History as 2nd choice! Still no news til now too :smile: applied on 15 Jan. i guess it will take longer than 8 weeks!
Reply 23
Original post by 5imon66
Hi everyone, starting this discussion as I have not seen any thread discussing about MPhil/PhD applications at LSE for 2024 intake in both The Student Room and Reddit :/

May I know if anyone applied and have gotten back answers? I have mostly seen people who applied to MSc getting their results back but not MPhil.

Thank you!

~ p/s: I applied for MPhil/PhD Social Policy on 15 Jan 2024. My documents status changed to "received - not verified" on Thursday, 18 Jan 2024.

also social policy. i’ve been waiting ages. would love to know whether anyone else heard back about an interview for that program so i can stop stressing and move on with my life if i didn’t get one 🤣

Haha as far as i know social policy doesnt have interviews. It's stated in the couse info page. But am not sure if they changed the requirements! Did you apply Mphil/phd or Phd straight?
Reply 24
Does anyone know whether the philosophy dept interviews for MPhil/PhD applications?
Reply 25
Original post by JHCH
Does anyone know whether the philosophy dept interviews for MPhil/PhD applications?

I applied for philosophy as well. I saw someone on gradcafe.com got the interview.
Reply 26
Original post by 5imon66

Thank you!

Haha i applied for mphil/phd social policy and they said there's no interview. I'm not sure if its Phd straight will have interviews or not!
Hi! I put Mphil/phd Social Policy as my first choice, and Econ History as 2nd choice! Still no news til now too :smile: applied on 15 Jan. i guess it will take longer than 8 weeks!

My info is that second choices are considered ONLY when the decision on first choice is made and if the candidate is rejected for the first choice
Hi there!!! My application status since Dec 18: APPLICATION UNDER CONSIDERATION............is there any step beyond this??? or it is the last one before final decision.......
Reply 29
Hey! I just got news on my application for a MPhil/PhD in Law. I'm currently in a waiting of 6 persons in total. Did anybody else have any news? Do you think there'll be any rejections by offer holders?
@Tootash97 have you heard anything from social policy?
For those who got a PhD offer, did they provide funding info? Can’t see to figure it out.
Reply 32
Original post by lindsayd91
@Tootash97 have you heard anything from social policy?

Hey. No i haveng heard anything :frown: i have been checking my GAP account everyday haha. The waiting game is 🤯
Reply 33
Original post by Nikoss
Hey! I just got news on my application for a MPhil/PhD in Law. I'm currently in a waiting of 6 persons in total. Did anybody else have any news? Do you think there'll be any rejections by offer holders?

Oh wow! :/ do you have to attend an interview?
Reply 34
Oh wow! :/ do you have to attend an interview?

Yes, i've had one. I have posted about it above
Reply 35
Haha i applied for mphil/phd social policy and they said there's no interview. I'm not sure if its Phd straight will have interviews or not!

I was invited to interview for the social policy mphil/phd yesterday - I guess no interview was too good to be true lol
(edited 2 months ago)
Reply 36
Anyone heard anything from philosophy? Like interviews or acceptance or rejection?
Reply 37
Nothing here for philosophy… 😬😬
Hello, is there anybody who heard from the Gender department, for PhD?
Did anyone applied for Mphil/phd inMathematics?
(edited 2 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending