The Student Room Group

LSE MPhil/ PhD 2024/2025

Scroll to see replies

Any news on Media and Comms/Data, Networks and Society? Interviewed in January last week, no response yet. I suppose they will respond after the first round of funding
Hello do any offers know about funding? I got an unconditional offer letter but no mention of funding from the LSE studentships, should I assume there is no funding or does hearing back from that take a bit longer? Thanks so much and good luck everyone!!
Original post by BlankSpace1234
Hello do any offers know about funding? I got an unconditional offer letter but no mention of funding from the LSE studentships, should I assume there is no funding or does hearing back from that take a bit longer? Thanks so much and good luck everyone!!
I think first round funding decisions are usually made before mid-March, based on previous years' submissions on GradCafe. You can also just inquire with your department if you wanna know.
Congrats! Which dpt did you apply for?
Original post by juliarouzies
Congrats! Which dpt did you apply for?
PhD in Environmental Policy and Development!
Original post by demographic-plan
Any news on Media and Comms/Data, Networks and Society? Interviewed in January last week, no response yet. I suppose they will respond after the first round of funding
Just received my offer, if anybody else has applied to the same department! Waiting for news on funding now
It is listed that the decision will be returned within 8 weeks - is it a strict requirement for them? Im approaching 8th week soon and have not heard anything - nor an invite for an interview yet.
Original post by Meredity
It is listed that the decision will be returned within 8 weeks - is it a strict requirement for them? Im approaching 8th week soon and have not heard anything - nor an invite for an interview yet.

8 weeks is for masters. They said for PhD could be longer.
Original post by kandikaka
8 weeks is for masters. They said for PhD could be longer.
Thank you so much for your swift reply!! Those 8 weeks are stated in my application portal, hence, I should still not read too much into that then, right?
Thank you so much for your swift reply!! Those 8 weeks are stated in my application portal, hence, I should still not read too much into that then, right?

This is what I got from them “Depending on the time of year and your chosen programme, you might wait up to eight weeks for a decision on your first-choice programme (for a master’s degree). Applicants to research programmes (MPhil/PhD) may have to wait longer than this, as decisions are often made by a panel of selectors within departments.”
Reply 50
Not sure which program you applied to, but I waited 15 weeks before I heard from my potential supervisors re: an interview lol
Original post by 5imon66
Not sure which program you applied to, but I waited 15 weeks before I heard from my potential supervisors re: an interview lol
No way!! I would have lost hope already after 10th week - but did you manage to get an offer?
Reply 52
Original post by Tootash97
Hi everyone, starting this discussion as I have not seen any thread discussing about MPhil/PhD applications at LSE for 2024 intake in both The Student Room and Reddit :/

May I know if anyone applied and have gotten back answers? I have mostly seen people who applied to MSc getting their results back but not MPhil.

Thank you!

~ p/s: I applied for MPhil/PhD Social Policy on 15 Jan 2024. My documents status changed to "received - not verified" on Thursday, 18 Jan 2024.
Hello People I submitted my application on 14 Jan'24 for Sociology MPhil/PhD.
I had my interview on 19 February'24
I was told that I should wait likely a week but it's more than a week now, not sure how long it usually takes for them to reply.
Anyone heard back yet let know
Reply 53
No way!! I would have lost hope already after 10th week - but did you manage to get an offer?
I know, such a long wait! Apparently I'll hear back with the result in the next two weeks.

Honestly, not super hopeful... I should have spent more time reviewing my LSE proposal as applications for other programs were much fresher in my memory. I think I came off as fuzzy on the details. We'll see though! Hope you hear back soon.
Original post by 5imon66
I was invited to interview for the social policy mphil/phd yesterday - I guess no interview was too good to be true lol
Hi! Did you hear back from the Department? :-)
Still no news from philosophy?
hello everyone! Potentially very stupid question here. I got an offer last week, but like many people (I believe) I'm waiting to hear back about funding from LSE studentships. Is it people's understanding that I will hear back about funding regardless if I accept? Should I accept first and then just hope? Thanks :smile:)
Has anyone from the law dept recieved any update?
hello everyone! Potentially very stupid question here. I got an offer last week, but like many people (I believe) I'm waiting to hear back about funding from LSE studentships. Is it people's understanding that I will hear back about funding regardless if I accept? Should I accept first and then just hope? Thanks :smile:)
You're not alone, I'm wondering the same! I've decided to check with my department if I don't get any news by the end of this week.
I am waiting so anxiously and also asked my POI about studentship thing but have not heard back yet. Received another offer and need respond it before 20th, don’t know what to do right now

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending