The Student Room Group

worried about my ucas appliaction?

Resit student here and reapplyign to ucas as a private candidate. I have contacted my old sixth form teacher as my referee, she said when she has finished collecting some info she will get it sorted out but it has been 1 week , I have sent the reference request. I am worried , should I send an email again but if i send another email i feel like I am just hassling her unnecessarily and she might not like it. What should I do in this situation ? Deadline is fast approaching.
Original post by lionelmessi34
Resit student here and reapplyign to ucas as a private candidate. I have contacted my old sixth form teacher as my referee, she said when she has finished collecting some info she will get it sorted out but it has been 1 week , I have sent the reference request. I am worried , should I send an email again but if i send another email i feel like I am just hassling her unnecessarily and she might not like it. What should I do in this situation ? Deadline is fast approaching.

Hi @lionelmessi34

You have done everything right so far!

Teachers are very busy, so they often do things very last minute but try not to panic. As it has been a week, I would feel comfortable sending another email. Just gently remind them of the deadline and that you would really appreciate their reference.

This is a very important and urgent situation; your teacher will understand this too. If anything, they may really appreciate your follow-up email as it is very easy to get caught up in work/life. I am sure they would be devasted if they realised they had missed your deadline.

Good luck!

Anastasia,
BCU Student Rep.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending