The Student Room Group

UCAS Law applications

I've been debating between my 5 UCAS options: Oxford, UCL/LSE, Kings, Manchester and Leeds.

Personally, my stats are not as outstanding as many others, which is worrying, but I am applying with actual results (A*A*A achieved).
I have done the LNAT, and I left feeling uncertain about my performance but I think my essay was not as great as I wanted it to be due to the time constraint...

Do you guys have any suggestions on my 5 UCAS choices and how I can change them? I'm also particularly worried that I might be rejected from all 5 offers after seeing many students with excellent stats (even some with 30+ LNAT) get rejected from G5. Also, should I go for LSE/UCL? Your input is appreciated <3
Hi @dyrlwn,

I am sorry to hear you are concerned about your performance.

Normally, applicants are advised to choose at least 1 or 2 backup universities when applying through UCAS, and although you applied to very good universities; such as, Oxford or Kings, it is still very risky.

What I would recommend for you is out of the mentioned 5 universities, choose the ones you really wish to attend (I'd recommend 2 or 3 instead of 5), then research lower or less demanding universities in your area or a city you're interested in, and see if their ranking of the course you want to study is high enough for you.

In order to change your university options on UCAS, you would have to visit the UCAS website as they have further instructions there.

Also LSE and UCL are great options ;-)

I wish you best of luck and hope you get into your dream university.

Sincerely,
Melanie
LSBU Rep
Reply 2
Original post by dyrlwn

I have done the LNAT, and I left feeling uncertain about my performance but I think my essay was not as great as I wanted it to be due to the time constraint...

Its always worth having one non-LNAT choice for this reason.

However, your LNAT score does not need to be astonishing - even a very average grade will still get you an offer.
Reply 3
Original post by McGinger
Its always worth having one non-LNAT choice for this reason.

However, your LNAT score does not need to be astonishing - even a very average grade will still get you an offer.

My two non-LNAT choices now are Leeds and Manchester. Do you think these would suffice?
Reply 4
Original post by dyrlwn
My two non-LNAT choices now are Leeds and Manchester. Do you think these would suffice?

Totally fine.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending