The Student Room Group

Personal projects Computer science personal statements

Does anyone know how you could show off personal projects in your personal statement specifically for computer science as ive almost finished writing my personal statement just wondering how i could put my projects in my statement would i just talk about them without any evidence or is there anyway i can actually show them?
I threw a project in there without any evidence when I applied (because I obviously could not attach it), and only a few select unis do interviews - so if you're not applying to those, no one is really going to check. I'd still stick to explaining things I've actually done, by saying what the aim was, what I used to do it and what I learned from it. I hope that helps.
Reply 2
Original post by karikowska239
I threw a project in there without any evidence when I applied (because I obviously could not attach it), and only a few select unis do interviews - so if you're not applying to those, no one is really going to check. I'd still stick to explaining things I've actually done, by saying what the aim was, what I used to do it and what I learned from it. I hope that helps.

I appreciate it by you saying you “threw a project in there” im guessing you just talked about it and explained what you learnt etc im applying to the Uni of Liverpool i don’t think they do interviews i could be wrong though but thanks again
Original post by unknownJ12
Does anyone know how you could show off personal projects in your personal statement specifically for computer science as ive almost finished writing my personal statement just wondering how i could put my projects in my statement would i just talk about them without any evidence or is there anyway i can actually show them?

Hi!

I just wrote a general couple-word explanation of the project ie. AI scrabble board generator, then I summarised what skills I learnt from this, why I wanted to do the project, why that links into this degree and (if you have the space) how I wanted to improve this or create a new project to build upon these skills and learn new ones.

If you are having trouble wording or figuring out what skills you did use, have a read through your school modules to see if any of those link up or if what you are doing is more advanced have a look at a uni syllabus. I spent ages trying to figure out how to word what I did in the project and having a university syllabus that named these key skills and what each of them are comprised of really helped.

I hope this helps a little and good luck!!!

- Jessica
2nd year, Computer Science (Artificial Intelligence)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending